Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Single wiper.

Max_Headroom

I have been having problems with the screen not clearing properly so decided to try a new wiper blade the one below doesn't look as good as the original but it does a far better job and is a lot chapter than the Toyota replacement.

This is the Bosch 28 inch version from Halfords.

Bosch AR708U Wiper Blade - Front Single 785588   Bosch AR708U Wiper Blade - Front Single 785588    Bosch AR708U Wiper Blade - Front Single 785588

• Like 1

Yeah flat blades such as that are supposed to be the best at clearing water off the screen more efficiently than old school ones. They are also supposed to be more aerodynamic and quiet

• Like 1

The Bosch Aerotwin blades are excellent. Had several of them over recent years on different cars.

• Like 3

on the mk2 yaris 3rd party blades seem to wobble a bit when in use mainly on the driver side. From my experience of fitting blades, it's because the arm on the yaris which connects to the wiper is slightly smaller than other cars. Only solution for this I think is buy OEM blades from Toyota. However they look cheap and nasty

I tend to use Bosch Aerotwin blades you should get 2-3 years out of a blade, take it out of the pack and clean the rubber with glass cleaner

The rear is Bosch H309

• Like 2

The aerotwins are better than the OEM ones? Really?

I started having the driver side wiper chatter on the bottom of the wiper and am thinking about replacing it.

I also had fogging while I had a ceramic coating applied professionally (and I mean by the best, the guys who detailed the Rimac Nevera) to the windshield. The guys at the detailing said they never had anyone else have these complaints, so they polished it off for free, resolving the issue.

Interestingly, Toyota doesn't apply their own ceramic coating to the windshield and rear window as well, possibly due to the interaction with the coatings:

https://www.toyota-europe.com/service-and-accessories/genuine-accessories/protect

I was wondering if this could be caused by their OEM wipers 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, baxuz said:

The aerotwins are better than the OEM ones? Really?

Four days in and i would say yes,  the original wiper was only clearing properly on the up stroke it was leaving a think layer of moisture on the down stroke the new wiper clears 100% on both strokes.

• Like 2

I used Heyner 700mm 28 inch replacment blades.

For mk 2 I used universal fitting & just replaced the rubbers.

• Like 1

Take a look at PiAA silicone Wiper Blades. I have them on my iq and would never have normal blades again. They leave a later of silicone on the windscreen as you use them. They are not cheap but are supposed to last longer. I've had mine for 3 years and still perform and look brand new.

• Like 2

I really like the Bosch Aerotwins, but they can sometimes leave a streak in the centre, where the arm clamps down. I think it is more on the longer blades. Not just the Bosch doing this, but other brands of the flat beam wipers seem more prone to this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Those blades are utter junk, twisting and juddering almost like they are loose on the arm - be aware RHD and LHD car use different wiper combinations

LHD - oem numbers

LH - 85222-K0020 (24" or 600mm)

RH - 85212-K0020 (16" or 400mm)

• Like 2

Had the aerotwin on my car for 3 years now, starts to not able to clear some very small parts recently which leaves a line at those part. So ordered another one. 

2 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

I don't see any smearing. 

No smearing, but you can hear and physically feel the judder.

58 minutes ago, baxuz said:

No smearing, but you can hear and physically feel the judder.

How bad is it when the screen is wet?

I recall on my RX300 that I 'clayed' the screen.

That seemed to help a lot... 

19 minutes ago, baxuz said:

Same.

Have you tried bending the metal arms back a little to release the pressure if that doesn't work try adding pressure by bending them towards the screen.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

Have you tried bending the metal arms back a little to release the pressure if that doesn't work try adding pressure by bending them towards the screen.

I'll leave that to the official Toyota services as the car is under warranty.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, baxuz said:

I'll leave that to the official Toyota services as the car is under warranty.

Good shout i hadn't noticed it's that new.

I look forward to the explanation they give,

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links