Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris lack of sat nav

Stevewatts

I have a 2014 yaris without save nave installed, I have recently perchaced a replacement sat nav head unit from a damaged yaris, will the wiring be installed in my car to take the replacement, or will it need add ons, thanks

The head units do not have any form of navigation they are navigation ready and can have a module fitted to add navigation, 2014 is a change year so you either have the earlier Touch 1 setup or later Touch 2.

Can you post a picture of your original head unit and of what you have purchased.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Stevewatts said:

I have a 2014 yaris without save nave installed, I have recently perchaced a replacement sat nav head unit from a damaged yaris, will the wiring be installed in my car to take the replacement, or will it need add ons, thanks

Why bother ? A smartphone with a GPS app will do the trick.

Hi, you'll need a pair of mounting brackets, the linking cables and a GPS antennae,You could probably get these from the whoever sold you the head unit. I fitted simillar to my wife's car, and transfered it to her new one. Easy job about 30 mins, It should already have all the maps installed if it's a used item. Dealer buy and fit is around £800. 

• Thanks 1

Did you just buy the DA Radio or buy a radio with the sat nav module ? Also, is it a pre- or post-facelift car ? The early touch units have a CD player, the touch 2 does not - they also use different sat nav modules

2 hours ago, Bomber209 said:

Hi, you'll need a pair of mounting brackets, the linking cables and a GPS antennae,You could probably get these from the whoever sold you the head unit. I fitted simillar to my wife's car, and transfered it to her new one. Easy job about 30 mins, It should already have all the maps installed if it's a used item. Dealer buy and fit is around £800. 

I have the GPS not been able to locate the linking cables 86842-12010 seem to have them in the USA it's got a connect 2 bolted on it with the brackets, any idea where to get the linking cables, and do I need a female usb to download maps.? Cheers 

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Did you just buy the DA Radio or buy a radio with the sat nav module ? Also, is it a pre- or post-facelift car ? The early touch units have a CD player, the touch 2 does not - they also use different sat nav modules

I'm new to this how do you send a photo.?

28 minutes ago, Stevewatts said:

I have the GPS not been able to locate the linking cables 86842-12010 seem to have them in the USA it's got a connect 2 bolted on it with the brackets, any idea where to get the linking cables, and do I need a female usb to download maps.? Cheers 

F9E415E1-094A-4AC3-B5D0-072D7CADF0F1.jpeg

214CD387-5FCC-40E6-B1CB-C422A8852571.jpeg

B00FFBF4-E38C-489B-B16E-6861EF634D07.jpeg

The patch cable is about £60 from the dealers - 86842-12010

Plug it all in, making sure the USB is plugged into the nav module

not sure what stereo you have in the car but the new one does not have DAB

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The patch cable is about £60 from the dealers - 86842-12010

Plug it all in, making sure the USB is plugged into the nav module

not sure what stereo you have in the car but the new one does not have DAB

Thanks I presume the link cable is from the Toyota dealer, I will try them thankuo for your help. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I got my unit off e bay, but I asked to have all interconnects supplied with it. Try asking the guy who supplied youre if he still has them. 

Hi yeh I have all the cables now, just need the time to install it thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links