Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jury's Out

sh22

Despite having a dislike of tailgate badges which led me to remove them off my CHR I made a couple of much smaller badges out of a pair of key rings, modified them and then coloured them black to contrast with  the white pearl and black trim.   I've done this sort of thing before with various make of cars and tried to keep it subtle. Some people hated similar  Lexus and Jaguar badging of the same size and some comments were ok, other comments were indifferent.  I'll leave them on for a bit and see if they grow on me, if not I will whip them off as easily as they were put on.   Yes I know I need to get out more.

Black Toyota Badge.jpg

Black Toyota Badge 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Each to their own of course but my preference is to leave the badging as the factory intended.

• Like 3

As long as you keep away from my old biker mate, for whom the term " ham fisted " was originally coined to describe.

He managed to rip off both boot badges from my old Lexus by using them as boot pulls when he was getting something.

Despite there being a prominent pull inside the boot lid with a downward arrow on it.

Then a year or two later, having a look round my CRV that I had just bought ,he lifted the tailgate by the number plate light cover, and loosened both lights.

A perfectly good handle outside on that one too.

I go to see him by taxi nowadays.

• Haha 6

I see why he sticks with bikes...

Maybe had a car but kept accidentally pulling the fender panels off instead of opening the doors?? :laugh: 

• Haha 3

Chrisg99, intrigued as to how your badges became black.  Paint or wrapped or something else?, particularly the oval Toyota Badge.  

58 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I see why he sticks with bikes...

Maybe had a car but kept accidentally pulling the fender panels off instead of opening the doors?? :laugh: 

Oh, his bikes were immaculate,he peeled off the the door skins on cars when the locks stuck.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, sh22 said:

Chrisg99, intrigued as to how your badges became black.  Paint or wrapped or something else?, particularly the oval Toyota Badge.  

Steve, I tried the Plastidip idea first but was not as I wanted them. I then spent ages off and on trawling Aliexpress and found what you now se. The "Toyota" and "C-HR" are not exactly as standard chrome ones but Stevie Wonder would not notice. Compared to as set of chrome ones from the dealer (around £80) and having them painted professionally was going a bit OTT.

If you would like the details of what and where these were obtained from I can give further details.

I see Chris they were bought as black badges,  yes let me have the details please.

Cheers

Steve  

I managed to find them all  on AliExpress different stores. The centre emblem Badge came from Shop1102198213 Store cost £12.35. The Toyota one from JINGHANG Store cost £3.20 and the C-HR from vkgo Store £5.75. The Toyota and C-HR are not an exact match but very hard to see the difference. Total cost £21.30 including all carriage costs compared to approx £80 for a set of chrome ones from the dealers. Cannot remember where I got the "NEVERBEEN" but think they were on eBay had them a long time from my motorsport career.

Chris, they are really good and appear much better than adding chrome to the existing black and red. 

• Like 1

Quite apart from my mishaps with ham fisted pals ripping my cars apart, I do like the individuality of the badging on your cars.

I have not done anything on mine though for two reasons, Toyota must have put a fair bit of research into the design and placing of the badges.

And as I am happy with them as they are, it keeps the originality which I like, and makes the car a lot more saleable when the time comes.

Having said that,if I was unfortunate enough to have a bump , I would probably go full "rat rod" style with matt black paint on the top of the car, with fake rust fading towards the bottom.

Gills cut in the front wings, and triple air horns just in front of the sunroof.

Is anyone handy with photo shoot or whatever a simulation is called to visualise this?

• Haha 2

Next is some vinyl on the two doors (some may not like) I am trying to make mine as individual as the C-HR's are breeding like rabbits around here! Still not seen a Scarlet Flare around here though.

I'm yet to see another GR Sport out on the road let alone another scarlet flare one 😂

I do see a few different Orange editions locally.

@chris99

Just out of interest, did you get your registration because you are 'Chris', or because the car is a C-HR?  😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was originally going for "CG" 22 CHR as I only have two initials and any two letter plates tend to cost a lump. So finally went for the plate as the CHR is either. Two birds with one stone as they say. Both plates on DVLA were the same price.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Quite apart from my mishaps with ham fisted pals ripping my cars apart, I do like the individuality of the badging on your cars.

I have not done anything on mine though for two reasons, Toyota must have put a fair bit of research into the design and placing of the badges.

And as I am happy with them as they are, it keeps the originality which I like, and makes the car a lot more saleable when the time comes.

Having said that,if I was unfortunate enough to have a bump , I would probably go full "rat rod" style with matt black paint on the top of the car, with fake rust fading towards the bottom.

Gills cut in the front wings, and triple air horns just in front of the sunroof.

Is anyone handy with photo shoot or whatever a simulation is called to visualise this?

Not sure that changing the badges would make it less saleable or devalue the car!