Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Piggybacked Tmps Module Installed

Georgey Porgey

So today I just installed a piggybacked tmps to my toyota corolla touring sport.

Kept getting low pressure light in but couldn't figure out which one but this was a big help.

You just unplug & replug back into the Y lead adapter.

This was ordered of AliExpress for £30.

Only took about 15 mins to install 

IMG_20220915_164641.jpg

IMG_20220915_164645.jpg

IMG_20220915_171146.jpg

IMG_20220915_171208.jpg

IMG_20220915_174819.jpg

IMG_20220915_175214.jpg

• Like 6

That's a neat little mod, did the dash update automatically with the tyre pressures once installed?

• Like 1

Why oh why don’t Toyota enable us to see which tyre is low? All the data is there - as you can see the individual pressure readings when using Carista. This looks a neat unit, however I’m not sure how it would affect the vehicle warranty. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Corollanutter said:

Why oh why don’t Toyota enable us to see which tyre is low? All the data is there - as you can see the individual pressure readings when using Carista. This looks a neat unit, however I’m not sure how it would affect the vehicle warranty. 

I agree. I guess unless they flick through the display, they wouldn’t know it was there. If something TPMS failed then it may be highlighted then. 

I’ve installed a pattern part cruise control on my wife’s Yaris (the model doesn’t come with it as standard), I bet the Toyota techs wondered how that got there at the service 

• Like 3

On 9/15/2022 at 9:23 PM, DavidTC said:

That's a neat little mod, did the dash update automatically with the tyre pressures once installed?

Yes mate takes a few minutes to balance up.

Notice when cold the tyre pressure drops then when driving you see it go up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, camellia30 said:

How does this integrate with the dash? 

When you go through the instrument settings you see just the car but when connected it shows the values.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ian.S said:

Which one is this? There are several listed on aliexpress. 

Here you go.

£34.13  33%OFF | Car TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring Display System Tire Pressure Monitor Security Alarm For Toyota Corolla Altis 2019 20 2021 2022
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0gZEt6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Just got one of these but I’m having trouble getting to it. How did you get the trim off and which bit of trim. I can see it is the left hand side but I cannot remove any. A wider angle picture may help. Thanks in anticipation. 

Unfortunately I did not take any pictures when installing it since I was freezing outside, but here are some pictures from another German forum.

001.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

• Like 2

It works on the hatchback as well. For sedans I have not seen any reviews, but I think they say it works as well.

As mine is a Company Car I can't do anything to it!

Hope Toyota offer an update for this as standard soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to fitting this myself. Worked as @Georgey Porgey stated above.

A bit tricky to get to, I'd recommend removing the passenger grab handle in addition to the steps @Popama posted just to avoid creasing the headliner (which I ended up doing) 

Overall happy with the result

• Like 1

Great idea, @DavidTC !
Did your crease also recover when placing the headliner back in place? Mine was not noticeable afterwards.

Edited by Popama
typo
  • Like 1

Crease is only noticeable in the right light, thankfully being a dark headliner it is not noticeable most of the time. It would have bugged me otherwise! 😅

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links