Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My T app

Barney7

Has anyone succeeded in sending a route via the MyT app? I send it but can’t find it once in the car 

my unit is linked to the app and I managed to update the satnav to 2022 maps 

many thanks. 

Yes, it's quirky but then again it's Toyota.  I don't bother with it as I tend to use AA and just use voice to set the navigation, one long press of the voice button on the steering wheel when in AA and up pops Google.

I seem to recall the sent route is in 'my routes' or something like that, not immediately obvious. But I'm sure someone will follow up with the exact location as it's something I experimented with rather than use when I got the car.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barney7 said:

Has anyone succeeded in sending a route via the MyT app?

Not via MyT but regularly via My Toyota. Once the car is connected via wifi and sync'd (automatic) the endpoint appears as a Favourite with the name I give it in My Toyota ...

• Like 1

I am not even sure it is in My Toyota any longer. It reminded an option in MyT for my MY19 Corolla but no longer on the MY21 Yaris X with Smart Connect. 

• Like 1

It used to work for me, but recently the SEND to CAR on MyT does not work for me, but it does work using My Toyota on my computer.

The other functions on MyT all work as before...very annoying.

I mean to ask the dealer at the forthcoming service.

• Like 1

They appear in favourites, but in my case they don't appear until I've been driving for a while, so useless really.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sealiedog said:

They appear in favourites, but in my case they don't appear until I've been driving for a while, so useless really.

They are downloaded over Wi-Fi so you need a Wi-Fi connection and about 30 seconds ... 😉

Oh, and, it uses the Toyota Online connection so may not download while you are using AA and ACP.

24 minutes ago, philip42h said:

They are downloaded over Wi-Fi so you need a Wi-Fi connection and about 30 seconds ... 😉

Oh, and, it uses the Toyota Online connection so may not download while you are using AA and ACP.

I have it set up correctly. It's just too flaky for me.

Thanks everyone 

I managed to get a trip sent but as you say the car needed an internet connection so that a bit of a pain.

I think I’ll stick to car play or just type the postcode 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sealiedog said:

That is exactly as  I found.  I used send it well in advance but then, in the car, I found it hard to find 😁

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

I have a house with solid walls which limits wifi coverage.  I use power line extenders and have a repeated in my garage.  It worked a treat with my Corolla.  I think my Yaris uses WiFi too. 

I seem to remember the car Head Unit needs to be set to use the Toyota WiFi system if I had it switched to AA/CP it would not work. I think that’s why I could not originally get mine to work then once that was done it only left trying trace where the system had dumped it, favourites.

As I’ve said it’s just not worth the hassle it’s so much easier to use AA, if I need to prepare a route I can do it on my phone before hand and once connected to the car select the destination already set up on the phone.