Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2014 Hybrid 80k miles is it worth £10500?

Bruce Lea

No used or new car worth irs price in comparison with what all cars we’re selling for two years ago, sadly the money has lost their value by 30-50%, basically the first hit was 10-15 years ago with house prices jump now with cars and fuels. If it’s a good example car yes. 👍

• Like 1

Are you buying or selling?

If selling, I'd say good, but optimistic; I bought my 2015 Auris Touring Sports hybrid for £9k three years ago, with 80k on the clock.

If you're buying then it seems a bit high. 

But I may well be out of touch. 

Used prices are stupid at the moment. 13 months ago I purchased my used Corolla TS for £20K. The same age car now with similar mileage to what mine has now is £24K. Hybrids are certainly seeing a price premium due to the economy factor. 

• Like 3

All cars prices in the sky, at least 40% up. If I didn’t put so many miles on my auris bought in late 2015 I could sell it now for more money, 7 years later. Currently make more sense to buy a brand new car if not on rush and wait instead buying a used one. Also the used cars 5 years and older are not in very good condition as they used to be. Very rare to find a good genuine example plus crazy high prices, very putting off if you ask me. 

• Like 2

It's from Toyota main dealer, they will do a full mot, service and Dashcam for free.

12 months warranty inc

12 months breakdown cover inc

Is it worth it £10500

12 hours ago, Bruce Lea said:

It's from Toyota main dealer, they will do a full mot, service and dashcam for free.

12 months warranty inc

Is it worth it £10500

You can try here https://www.whatcar.com/car-valuation/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bruce Lea said:

It's from Toyota main dealer, they will do a full mot, service and dashcam for free.

12 months warranty inc

Is it worth it £10500

Factors such as mileage, service history, number of owners, overall condition, etc influence what someone is willing to pay for the car Bruce.

You need to go and actually seen the car and drive it then report back and we'll tell you what it's worth 😀

• Like 1

It is hard to tell without seeing it from in and out.  Check the underbody for any rust and wear.   If the body, interior is pristine, and it has HID headlights, Navigation, reverse camera, parking sensor, heated seat, etc. That's a good price.   The car that is sold for £11 000 in 2019 may be sold for the same price or even more today.  It is all because of high demands less supply on New and Used cars. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

Factors such as mileage, service history, number of owners, overall condition, etc influence what someone is willing to pay for the car Bruce.

You need to go and actually seen the car and drive it then report back and we'll tell you what it's worth 😀

It has fsh

• Like 1

It's an 8 year old car with a good few miles on it,10 and a half grand seems a bit heavy to me.

But as others have said the market is a bit mad just now.

Have you had a look round on the net, other dealers, local auctions (where a lot of dealers buy from)?

I posted recently about buying a newish Corolla, but with the current madness I decided to hang fire for now, it's always cheapest to stay with what you have.

Unless of course, you have a need to change quickly, like work commuting for instance.

In which case, it is worth what you are willing to pay after comparing it with similar cars in your area.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bruce Lea said:

12 months warranty inc

Is it worth it £10500

Just re read the thread, isn't it a bit old and miley for a Toyota main dealer?

Unless things have changed so much that the shortage of cars means that main dealers are expanding their remit to include cars that previously would not be retail, and only passed onto auction houses ?

• Like 1

I was at the understanding Main dealers only sell cars upto 3 years old after that it goes to a auction.

9 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Just re read the thread, isn't it a bit old and miley for a Toyota main dealer?

Unless things have changed so much that the shortage of cars means that main dealers are expanding their remit to include cars that previously would not be retail, and only passed onto auction houses ?

It's got full Toyota service history, it will come with full service done, 12 months warranty, 12 months breakdown and free Nextbase dash cam to cover the front and back.

I'm looking for a hybrid this falls into my budget.

• Like 1

80k miles are average for 8 years old car  and the price of £10k it’s not high. Previous generation Auris are advertised for 8-10 grand in auto trader at the moment. You can buy many other cars including Toyota non hybrids much newer models but hybrids are expensive currently. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

80k miles are average for 8 years old car  and the price of £10k it’s not high. Previous generation Auris are advertised for 8-10 grand in auto trader at the moment. You can buy many other cars including Toyota non hybrids much newer models but hybrids are expensive currently. 

I need hybrid as current too heavy on fuel.

Yes previous generation Aurus upto 2012 the bubble shape are close to £9k so this 2014 Auris from main Toyota dealer is cheap in comparison 

• Like 2

You should also can check how much the facelift 2015 Sept or newer that have Safety sense camera (accident avoidance, road sign monitoring, etc.).  I will take 2015 model with £1000 more because of this reason. The facelift has updated better interior, insulation, and head+taillights.  In 2014 Sept, Toyota updated the piston and rings to eliminate engine oil consumption in 2ZR-FXE. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AisinW said:

You should also can check how much the facelift 2015 Sept or newer that have Safety sense camera (accident avoidance, road sign monitoring, etc.).  I will take 2015 model with £1000 more because of this reason. The facelift has updated better interior, insulation, and head+taillights.  In 2014 Sept, Toyota updated the piston and rings to eliminate engine oil consumption in 2ZR-FXE. 

My budget is £10500 so I bought the car. Its Toyota main dealer fsh, 12 months warranty, full mot, full service, next base front back camera Inc for free, free mats, within my range and comes from Toyota main dealer

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bruce Lea said:

My budget is £10500 so I bought the car. Its Toyota main dealer fsh, 12 months warranty, full mot, full service, next base front back camera Inc for free, free mats, within my range and comes from Toyota main dealer

Enjoy your new 🚙👌 

30 minutes ago, Bruce Lea said:

Thanks, any tips for it?

I think you got the best deal at your budget

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AisinW said:

I think you got the best deal at your budget

Anything over £11k is way over my budget 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bruce Lea said:

Anything over £11k is way over my budget 

Is Shell vpower better to use  than Morrisons or any supermarket for hybrid?

Bruce, I will be interested to hear your initial thoughts on the car as this is exactly what I am looking at .

• Like 1