Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 2014 Hybrid 80k miles is it worth £10500?

Bruce Lea

3 hours ago, Bruce Lea said:

The car has gone for mot at dealers and come up with

• Offside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement Trailing (5.3.4 (a) (i))
  • Nearside Front Tyre worn close to legal limit/worn on edge (5.2.3 (e))

will this be fixed before I pick up car? Was told it would get full service and whatever needs work will get sorted

I doubt it, but good luck with that in both senses.

As Tony's post says, it is very difficult to get a dealer to correct anything after a sale, the time to do it is before anything is paid, signed or agreed.

Not trying to be wise after the event here, but these accounts of dealers behaving as they do, may help others reading them to be wary, and not believe anything a salesman says.

Just recently two of my friends have purchased used cars from dealers,in both cases with one key only.

In one of those, the dealer promised a second key to the buyer, that was 3 months ago, he'll never see it.

Unless of course he can get one made somewhere,at what he reckons will be £500 plus, maybe they're made of platinum.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

If you had a deal with dealer the car to be in top condition means that they should install new tyre (s) and replace trailing arm. MOT advisory means the problems are present at the time of purchase or before hand.
 We had similar experience with my gf car, dealer promised a lot of things on test drive and signing up contract then to find on collecting date that non of them has been completed. The car needed new windscreen, new rear brake pads, new sun visor, new rear tyre and new cabin and air filter. Job worth £1000 at least. After a lots of hassle they took the car back after two weeks , fixed all of that for free, provided my girlfriend with Brand new Aygo as courtesy car and have 5 years warranty for her car., but the branch manager needed to be involved. Why so many dealers are acting like gumtree solo traders until pushed to the corner it’s beyond me. Push hard and get your money worth. 👍

The 2 faults on MOT been fixed 

• Like 4

The dealer said the PDI is not sent to the customer, what does PDI stand for, is it inspection report?

2 minutes ago, Bruce Lea said:

The dealer said the PDI is not sent to the customer, what does PDI stand for, is it inspection report?

Pre Delivery Inspection 

12 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

Pre Delivery Inspection 

I asked for a report of the service done to thr car because the dealer told me car would get full service and now dealer tell me they won't give me the PDI with the car to take home but I can look at it only at the dealership?

I asked the dealer what work apart from MOT has been carried out on the car and the above was the reply

Normally a PDI is associated with delivery of a brand new vehicle.

You should be able to see and have a copy of the service report if you are paying for a service, etc

Maybe due to the fact that your car is second hand the dealer is a bit reluctant to provide you with the info Bruce.

Perhaps remind the salesman that you are the customer and if he so desires he can shove the car up his ****? 

Or you could politely ask him to get his manager involved and not be so petty, you are not asking for a copy of the magna carta, it is not unreasonable to ask what has been done to the car, the, brief, history of work done will appear on My Toyota anyway in due course. 

• Like 3

Dealer won't tell me what work carried out on car besides the MOT

Dealer said car would get full service besides MOT but won't give details on what work been done on service 

46 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

Normally a PDI is associated with delivery of a brand new vehicle.

You should be able to see and have a copy of the service report if you are paying for a service, etc

Maybe due to the fact that your car is second hand the dealer is a bit reluctant to provide you with the info Bruce.

The dealer said the car would come with free service but now refuses to tell what work been carried out

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce Lea said:

Dealer won't tell me what work carried out on car besides the MOT

Dealer said car would get full service besides MOT but won't give details on what work been done on service 

You had mentioned all parts (issues) in question were fixed. You can write what to check on delivery or collection date and if not be done , new tyre, new suspension arm, new oil and filter you have rights to refuse the car until all is completed or cancel the purchase and they are obligated to refund you in full. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bruce Lea said:

The dealer said the car would come with free service but now refuses to tell what work been carried out

Make sure the dealer stamps the service book Bruce with the service.

As Tony says check the items that should be changed 👍

• Like 1

My "used" did'nt have a service book,presumed it is on computer,but I  have all service bills. I would like to know,if you forego any part of a service,does it void the annual warranty. In my case it seems wastefull and costly to change plugs that have had a 7k life.

8 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

You had mentioned all parts (issues) in question were fixed. You can write what to check on delivery or collection date and if not be done , new tyre, new suspension arm, new oil and filter you have rights to refuse the car until all is completed or cancel the purchase and they are obligated to refund you in full. 

Thanks for the advice

4 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

4 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

👍 the service is free, so will be oil, air filter, oil filter and spark plugs?  Picking car up Tuesday coming 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 9:03 AM, Hybrid21 said:

Good luck Bruce, let us know how it goes 👍

The dealer said with current fuel price it will cost £70 to fill up and gives range of 375 miles displayed on the dash, surely this can't be right

4 hours ago, Bruce Lea said:

The dealer said with current fuel price it will cost £70 to fill up and gives range of 375 miles displayed on the dash, surely this can't be right

The display range is one thing the real range is another. Get the car, filled up and drive for a week or two then fill up again and do your calculations and you will see the real world consumption which will vary between 50-60mpg on average winter/summer seasons. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

The display range is one thing the real range is another. Get the car, filled up and drive for a week or two then fill up again and do your calculations and you will see the real world consumption which will vary between 50-60mpg on average winter/summer seasons. 

Ok is there a fuel calculator you use to work out full tank mpg?

12 minutes ago, Bruce Lea said:

Ok is there a fuel calculator you use to work out full tank mpg?

There are some but I had never use any, I do my calculations myself and they are actually very close to the car computer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bruce Lea said:

As Tony says Bruce get the car, fill it up, do 100mls or so, fill it up again and see how much fuel it has used.

This will let you work out the exact mpg 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

As Tony says Bruce get the car, fill it up, do 100mls or so, fill it up again and see how much fuel it has used.

This will let you work out the exact mpg 👍

Ok picking it up next couple of days