Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

code 2118, no start 2007 Yaris

ThisLilYaris

Specifically a code p2118 on a family members 2007 Yaris 1.5L (02/07 build date, just noticed this is a UK site, we're in NA/USA)

Story- My aunt and uncle were sold a Reverse polarity Battery as a replacement (and didn't notice it was wrong).  When my uncle installed it they noticed something wasn't right. Thats when they called me. Car started, ran, and drove completely fine for >200k miles before this Battery swap mixup.

They exchanged the Battery with the proper one, then I replaced the battery + fusible link which was blown, and I've checked all fuses (pretty sure I didn't miss any). 

I dont have access to alldata or a toyota techscan tool, just a obd2 bluetooth scanner and Torque app.

I do not believe I hear the fuel pump power on/prime with key, the car cranks but will not run. The dome light is also not working.

Did notice I'm not getting 12V into the ETCS fuse, and I'm not getting the 12V into the 'Dome' fuse (fuse block in front of the battery)

Anyone know what is upstream of these two fuses? or any other suggestion?

I learned of the immobilizer reset and tried that with no different results.

I have a feeling its a blown circuit in the ecm. I'm trying to find some info to confirm that thought, so I've been piecing together info for which terminals on the ecm I should be checking, and really any other advice, I'm getting closer but nothing yet. (Update- I ordered a used numbers matching ecm, cheap on ebay) , did the immobilizer reset and still same, no run result)

On the spark plug coil connectors I'm getting 12V on the first wire & 5V on the second wire.

On the  connector/wiring going into the TBPS (whatever its called, the drive by wire throttle body position sensor)

I'm getting 

4.94V on the first wire (yellow)

5.06V on the second wire (white)

4.94V on the third wire (grey)

I haven't tried replacing the throttle body assembly yet but again, have a feeling its something else, but i could be wrong. Is there a simple procedure to test the resistance or something on the throttle body to cross that off the list?

Hope I provided enough info without going over board. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks, Justin

Justin

French or Canadian built ?

Do you have power to Dome, cig lighter, ETCS, hazards or headlights ? - the Dome fuse feeds the control side of the Acc relay

double-check the fusible links, it should be 120a and a 60a

Have a look on www.toyota-tech.eu for wiring diagrams for your car. It's chargeable by time, but you can download the documents you are interested in and keep them offline. Unfortunately, it may not have US specific wiring diagrams, but it's worth looking to find out. It isn't just wiring diagrams, by the way, it should also have diagnostic steps and other workshop information.

5 minutes ago, paul9 said:

Have a look on www.toyota-tech.eu for wiring diagrams for your car. It's chargeable by time, but you can download the documents you are interested in and keep them offline. Unfortunately, it may not have US specific wiring diagrams, but it's worth looking to find out. It isn't just wiring diagrams, by the way, it should also have diagnostic steps and other workshop information.

Toyota-tech.eu is Europe only. iirc the NA equivalent is techinfo.toyota.com

wiring diagrams and info not an issue, i have access to most of them

11 hours ago, flash22 said:

French or Canadian built ?

Do you have power to Dome, cig lighter, ETCS, hazards or headlights ? - the Dome fuse feeds the control side of the Acc relay

double-check the fusible links, it should be 120a and a 60a

This 1.5L 1nz says Made in Japan (but they could say that and still be assembled elsewhere)

Thanks for the info about the dome fuse feeding the control side of the Acc relay. I don't have 12V power going into the Dome light fuse and also the ETCS fuse.  Didn't notice the Hazards, Headlights, and Cig lighter not working yet but I would assume they aren't working either and will only take seconds to check/confirm.

will double check the fusible links. Question? There aren't any other fusible links besides the Battery positive terminal fusible link assembly that consists of the 120a alternator and 60a links correct?  

10 hours ago, paul9 said:

Thanks, missed this searching online as I was generally searching on forums and video sites. I don't own a Toyota myself so I was completely unaware of this resource.

9 hours ago, flash22 said:

Toyota-tech.eu is Europe only. iirc the NA equivalent is techinfo.toyota.com

wiring diagrams and info not an issue, i have access to most of them

appreciate the clarification. Visited techinfo. briefly and will be trying it out the next couple days.

I take it the fusible link block has been changed, and the cables have been seated correctly

what are the first 3 letters of the VIN ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links