Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattle - Aygo X Exclusive

Donrald

I have a small rattle that seems to come from the rear near side corner. It’s not the boot cover nor the tongue on the rear seat built. It appears if I go over a bump. Anybody has such? Nothing in the boot or spare wheel area is loose.

I've done 4k miles so far and rattles are a pet hate for me and I can normally hear one a mile off.

I have not heard anything in mine.  Are you sure the rear seat is clicked into the lock position.

10 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I've done 4k miles so far and rattles are a pet hate for me and I can normally hear one a mile off.

I have not heard anything in mine.  Are you sure the rear seat is clicked into the lock position.

I have tried the rear seats but what I have not tried is folding the rear seat down. If the rattle goes then I know the source!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Donrald said:

I have tried the rear seats but what I have not tried is folding the rear seat down. If the rattle goes then I know the source!

I dropped the near side rear seat back. It seems the rattle goes. It has to be the connection between the seat back retaining clip and the fastening it clips into. I will investigate further and if I can’t cure it the dealer will be getting a visit!

• Like 2

In general I feel the quality of fixtures and fittings in Toyota leaves a bit to be desired.

I suppose you pays your money and makes your choice 🙂

• Like 1

Had the same problem. Took to Stoneacre Durham, they had it in for 4 days. Back and forth to Toyota, turned out to be the rear seat hinge. Greased and now ok.

• Like 3

Four days is a bit much. The dealers should be able to identify it in minutes rather than days. Particularly when the customer has identified the area the noise comes from.

I called at Stoneacre Durham yesterday. Popping back in tomorrow when the service people are in. Mine is not the hinge so far as I can tell but the catch. I will though have a look at the hinge today just in case it is that.

I also get an odd vibration/rattling noise when the car is starting off or changing gear at low speeds. Not all the time. It seems to come from the rear offside but I don’t think that is right. The car is front wheel drive. I am monitoring when it occurs to be more precise. It is not all the time and may be a noise that goes when the car is bedded in.

Got the same problem each time car starts or change shifts i hear a sound

Car is already on Toyota service saying car should stay at least 3 days they cannot find where they sound came from and may have to remove the whole dashboard

Also few times when the car i cold im hearing something like tik tik tik from inside the wheel if anyone got this issue and a possible fix let me know

• 2 weeks later...

Rattle hopefully sorted. Car was booked in this morning. The person attending to me thought he knew what the problem was as it has arisen with a couple of new ones. We went for a short test drive. He heard it immediately. I had a coffee whilst they greased the catch and I think the hinge. Same as another owner posting in this forum who has his car serviced by the same dealer. 

I understand they have also had feedback from Toyota on it. Apparently when something like this crops up with a newly released car they have to report it first  to Toyota who can take several hours to respond, hence why they wanted my car for a day, and in some cases Toyota instruct the garage to give the customer a courtesy car and they come up to inspect. In my case a five minute job.

All should now be good. Time will tell.

On the way in the tire pressure warning light came on. I thought triggered by it being a cold morning as I had checked the tires a few days ago. I asked the garage to check. They did. Small puncture in near side rear tire. All fixed for me at no cost.

Once again great service from Toyota. Never anything other than that for the past 14 years I have used them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Couple of days in since the greasing. No rattle. Peace reigns.

I get the occasional vibration noise still (mentioned elsewhere in the forum). Not easy to identify as it does not always appear but I am beginning to think much depends on how heavy your foot is on the accelerator when starting off. The car is an automatic and a more gentle use of the right foot and the noise is not there. It goes anyway once the car is moving a little faster, and if it pipes up it is when it is changing gear from start.

The car has not been on a long run yet and motoring has all been short journeys. The car tells me it is getting about 49 mpg but the computer is slightly out. I work it out at 47.79 mpg.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have had this rattle or creaking sound for ages. It made me hate the car i loved. I have packed in the grease and will pray for a quiet drive tomorrow!!

• 4 months later...

Hi we’re getting a rattling in back of car not suspension not springs exhaust is solid emptied boot still rattling any help would be appreciated it’s driving the wife mad 🤣🤣