Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TS rear window wiper

Swanthecat

Anyone else with a TS having any issues with the rubber splitting on the rear wiper? Car just had its third service and first MOT today and the rubber was once again split. This is now the third wiper in 3 years. It’s obviously hardly used and the car has only done 9.5K

Any wiper rubber on any vehicle can split in its first year because at some point in time it was operated when frozen to the window.

26 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

Any wiper rubber on any vehicle can split in its first year because at some point in time it was operated when frozen to the window.

Never happened once in the 5 years I owned my Focus or any other car I owned so I don’t agree with this

The quality of not only the Wiper Blades but also of the electric motors are very poor overall and still need to be improved. This is an ongoing process, in the conferences I attend it's always "a task in hand we'll get round to it" but never do. It may be miner for the majority hearing the motor, but in reality it shows a lack of judgement and disrespect to the customer for such a small extra cost making the unit silent 

I should add the motor noise is on all cars of every manufacturer, especially more so on the rear but some much worse than others  

That is strange. I have changed my rear wiper last week and it was probably 50+ k miles and still fine and was working great, 2 years old too. Did you buy wipers from Toyota, have you try any different brand like Bosch or Denso ? 

16 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

That is strange. I have changed my rear wiper last week and it was probably 50+ k miles and still fine and was working great, 2 years old too. Did you buy wipers from Toyota, have you try any different brand like Bosch or Denso ? 

The first replacement was Bosch and now the dealer has fitted a Toyota replacement so not sure what brand they use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swanthecat said:

The first replacement was Bosch and now the dealer has fitted a Toyota replacement so not sure what brand they use.

Probably Denso as they are the oem ones. Strange this is happening as I use both brands and last me ages and many miles, different car though. 

Still on my original at nearly 2 years, 17000 miles. I keep my car garaged at night, so rarely been frozen. 

still on original front wipers too, and think these are better for longevity than Bosch or other premium brands I’ve had in the past. Will be sticking with OEM Toyota wipers for replacements in future 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gray86 said:

Still on my original at nearly 2 years, 17000 miles. I keep my car garaged at night, so rarely been frozen. 

still on original front wipers too, and think these are better for longevity than Bosch or other premium brands I’ve had in the past. Will be sticking with OEM Toyota wipers for replacements in future 

Toyota should offer rubbers replacement only made by Denso. They should be cheap, £20 max for a set. If not Denso hybrid from caroarts4less with code comes cheaper and they are made in Japan real deal same as Toyota oem 👌

• Like 1

I use Autoglym vinyl and rubber treatment on the blades and have never had a problem.

• Like 1

I live up North so a lot of frozen icey days rubbers sticking to glass so I use to replace front rubbers with new inserts and the old insert just cut down and fit into rear wiper just glue the opposite end in to that what always comes away.

Do your checks about twothree or weeks before its mot.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:18 PM, TonyHSD said:

Toyota should offer rubbers replacement only made by Denso. They should be cheap, £20 max for a set. If not Denso hybrid from caroarts4less with code comes cheaper and they are made in Japan real deal same as Toyota oem 👌

Great advice - thanks Tony!

• Like 1

One of the reasons that rear wipers don't seem to last as long as fronts is that they are so easily replaced.  It has not happened yet with my Toyota, but I have had my (nearly new) rear wiper swapped for a nearly dead one in a motorway service area.   I didn't catch them at it, but they hadn't fitted their replacement very well so it was all too obvious on returning to the car.

Can't think of a solution, except perhaps wiring it in to the mains electricity supply  -  not very practical in a service area.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links