Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speakers suck?

tomashen

is it me or the Speakers by default suck in these cars? in comparison to something like bmw/audi/lexus ? 

They lack volume i think. And at full blast just distort. 

Rear 2 are only midrange so they dont even pump out much volume at all.

Is it difficult to replace/upgrade the Speakers on these cars? I imagine whole door must be removed? Someone has pictures/guides ? Im looking around google  but hard to come by anything that is not 2010 auris lmao.

I would like to install some pioneer speaker drivers in front for tweeters/midrange and then back midrange and maybe i would like to add additional 2 tweeters in the boot with small 3d printed boxes and velcro them to the sides within the boot. 

Would i need to replace the head unit for all this? I want to keep the original head unit with touch buttons as it has all car info for mileage and Battery etc. unless there is a headunit that shows all this info too ? 

Plenty of topics on this subject, try using search. Should be some valuable info there.

Speakers are just Speakers, can replace with different ones, headunit can stay, door panel must be removed.

Check the wattage on original one, maybe go with similar wattage, otherwise you might need an amplifier.

• Like 1

I've the JBL system in my RAV4 and must admit I'm quite happy with it.

Good on radio too, well worth the extra £600 or so 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomashen said:

in comparison to something like bmw/audi/lexus ? 

Possibly - then again you're comparing to more premium brands. Probably a fairer comparison would be against mainstream brands - Mazda, Honda, Ford, VW, etc.

• Like 4

I must say the sound systems in my previous Landrovers and Volvo were superb.

Worst system was in my Mazda MX-5, which was appalling, totally useless, but I did enjoy listening to the engine and the gear change, sublime 😃

• Like 1

I’ve searched and asked this question and never really got any further.

id happily take my car to an Audio shop and have them do it if I had to, but the sound would have to be dramatically better to justify it.

I had Mazda 3 before Auris, and the default Speakers were way better. Clear, beautiful sound, no matter the volume.

• Like 1