Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Aygo: Number plate an bumper visible when using Reverse camera.

Koala-b

Hi, Has anyone had this problem with there reverse camera before. I have a 2017 Toyota Aygo which has a reverse camera.

I never use to see my number plate or bumper when it was in the Reverse gear. 
Now when reversing, part of the number plate and edges of the bumper are visible.

I’ve not reversed into anything so the camera is not damaged and still intact and from what I can see it’s not dropped from its casing either.

Is there something I can do to fix it myself or do I need to take it to a mechanic to get it fixed.. thank you.

Someone hit the car when parked ? Does the camera feel loose ? Does it look blurred ?

Have a read of this thread

The camera is intact and not loose , not wobbling or anything.

I did think that some one may have hit the car when parked but there does not seem to be any visible damage on the back of the car. As you can see from the picture below the number plate an bumper is now visible whereas before I could always see the whole pavement/ lines when reverse parking.
6E06FABF-9103-4B19-939D-46CBC2A21911.thumb.jpeg.63f626d53329927ce9eb16e5f183e2d5.jpeg

Thank you for your reply. I don’t think I will be able to fix it myself as it looks like I will have to unscrew things from the boot etc.

Is it quite straight forward and would be that price if I was to book it into Toyota to do it.

I always seem to get charged for extra things when I go to local garages as I don’t know anything about cars hence why I was considering getting it looked at by Toyota. 

its a bumper off job to get to the camera, if you supply the part i can't see an independent garage charging more that £40-50, take it to a dealer, and they will charge full retail for the part plus a minimum of 1 hour @ anything up to £160 they will not fit used parts

Mk2 Aygo rear bumper removal.pdf

if you're near Basildon, i may know someone

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 6:13 PM, Koala-b said:

The camera is intact and not loose , not wobbling or anything.

I did think that some one may have hit the car when parked but there does not seem to be any visible damage on the back of the car. As you can see from the picture below the number plate an bumper is now visible whereas before I could always see the whole pavement/ lines when reverse parking.
6E06FABF-9103-4B19-939D-46CBC2A21911.thumb.jpeg.63f626d53329927ce9eb16e5f183e2d5.jpeg

I'd say your camera has popped back to where it actually should be as the image is 'exactly' the same as mine. 

• Like 1

WF71UBB193366.thumb.jpg.bff1476c1ef57182c84842c3e29d2542.jpgLook at the reverse camera on this Citreon C1 2021 plate ad...

For info the Aygo, Citreon C1 and Peugeot 108 are all identical.

https://www.howardsgroup.co.uk/used-cars/citroen-c1-1-0-vti-shine-euro-6-s-s-5dr-5-door-hatchback-grey/wf71ubb

WJ20LBN7504.thumb.jpg.00a5091b5e0e943dbce0c3bbf7167dcf.jpg

Another example..... Peugeot 108...

https://www.howardsgroup.co.uk/used-cars/peugeot-108-1-0-collection-s-s-5dr-5-door-hatchback-black/wj20lbn

• Like 1