Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could you flood your engine?

Bper

I noticed from a few car detailing video's that they power wash the engine bay. I thought that this could potentially damage both electrical and computerised components, I thought the best way used to be to steam clean.
Is it wise to do this.?

Power washed my Rav 4. 2 years ago and caused £300 worth of damage to sensors. So I won't be doing that again.

• Like 1

Never have and never will, power wash or steam clean, even more a no no today with more tech and sensors. Just one those jobs that needs time and patience with a rag etc. If you keep on top of it it never gets mega dirty anyway.

• Like 3

Agree Steve, every time I wash the car, etc I run quickly run over the engine bay with towel or rag.

On my last Volvo service when it was 6 years old the Volvo mechanic ( sorry technician ) asked me who details my engine bay 😀 I told him no one I just try to keep it clean 👍 He said that after the service he did give it clean as well 😀

• Like 1

Does anyone still steam clean there engine anymore or does this pose the same risks of damage as power washing.