Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 doesn't pull over 3000 revs

evabitt

Hi all, It would be great to hear advice regarding my 2006 RAV4.3 Diesel 2.2 D-4D XT5, as nobody can find the problem.

It has an issue where it only pulls up once to full revs, and then sticks to 3000 and under. In reality I'm rarely able to drive faster then 30 - 40mph and 20mph uphill.  Toyota shops and others have read the car, but there is no conclusion. Following parts have already been checked or replaced (private, not by Toyota): MAF sensor, EGR valve, fuel filter, high pressure fuel pump, turbo and ECU. 
The only conclusion left seems that it is a sensor.. but where would it be located..

• Sad 1

No error message in the dash? Sounds like the usual limp mode with Check VSC, Check 4x4 System messages. 
I got that with EGR blockage and then a full DPF. Does it have a DPF? Has it had a good cleanout like running at 3k revs for more than 20mins?

Apologies if my comments are inappropriate for your model. I only know mine. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links