Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB cutting out/switching to another source

Mads

Hi all,

When my Rav 4 is connected to Google maps, I've started noticing that when my DAB is being used it cuts off completely or switches to Spotify. Has anyone experienced this or know of a resolution as it's rather annoying having to switch DAB back on when driving. I don't have any added extras i.e. Dashcam installed. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

I can't be sure but it sounds more like Android Auto or CarPlay is taking priority over the audio source, rather than anything to do with impact on the DAB source or signal.

I sometimes find this when AA wants to resume something I was previously playing, like a podcast (even sometimes when it's ended). There may be a setting in android auto on the phone, or the specific app to stop this auto-resume. I just use the Mode button on the steering wheel to cycle through the sources and get back to what I want to listen to. I find that easier and safer than going through the menu.

Another possibility I've seen before is the audio channel your maps app is using. You can change it on some apps to use the music, voice, system, etc., channel and this might cause the unit to think that is the primary source. Although, I don't recall seeing a setting for that in Google Maps.

I'd hazard a guess it is a phone or Android Auto issue rather than the multi media set up, if that helps to narrow it down.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not had any issues but would go with Nigel's explanation as most likely cause. Unless of course you are between good and bad DAB signals so it would be interesting to see if you still have this issue 50 miles away from where you tend to drive. If the DAB drops out because of terrain topology it might automatically switch back to another source like AA.

• Like 1

Thanks both. I've found a setting which allows me to not start music automatically so will see if that fixes it. I also feel because I share a Spotify account with my wife I think the system assumes I'm listening to it when it's actually her, in her car. Thanks again.