Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo X Cross Space Saver Kit Fitted

152bobby

Got this today.  Tyre wrench, I'm collecting on Saturday (for any eagle eyed reader that spots it missing). 

I also fitted the rear seat protectors.

For anyone doing similar, just bear in mind you do lose a fair bit of boot space, but in my case, I don't need a lot of boot space 👍

The boot floor cover still fits, but the protective boot liner does not, Toyota are checking when/if there is a raised one that fits after fitting the space saver kit.

PXL_20220927_121250609.jpg

16642842077345357917783524658067.jpg

• Like 6

I carry 2 cans of Tyre Sealant plus the Toyota Version.

On a perfect day & in a perfect spot the Toyota System would be good.

In normal, every day situations my Canned Sealant is easy to use & quick too.

Tel

• Like 1

I'm sure it can be "in a perfect scenario".  The gunk method is fine for small holes and it also depends on where the hole is.  

I can only imagine the mess inside when you take it to the tyre fitter to see if the puncture can be repaired !!

My space saver kit was totally free, and if it wasn't, I would happily have paid for it.

I'm doing the NC500 next year and it's a must have on my list of items to have in the car.

I've been driving for decades and I think I've had about three punctures, two where in the days when cars had spare wheels and one was with gunk kit (in the Rav4).  I tried the gunk method myself and it didn't work.  I had to call the AA and he towed me to a garage, that had a tyre in stock that would fit which was different from the other three on the car, so I bought two !!

And what would have happened if this happened when all the tyre places where closed!!

The other option was to be towed home and get the tyre done there the next day.  But this was not really a option for me because of the journey I was doing and the distance I was from home.

It was just a really crap day that day and I'd rather not even think of it happening again.

At least now, I can pop the spare on myself (or get AA to do it) and continue my journey. So, I'm happy with what I have 👍.

PS: The gunk expires eventually, so be sure to make a note when to change it 👍

• Like 3

I’ve got an Aygo X on order. 

Did you get all of these bits (space saver/seat protectors) from Toyota?

Do you know how much the space saver kit is if purchased?

Thank you.

Ian.

• Like 1

Everything in photos are from my local Toyota dealer.  Prices may vary from dealer to dealer.

My prices were:

Full Space Saver Kit - £214 excluding vat + fitting (but mine was free🤣). Me and the sales rep fitted this ourselves, pretty straight forward.

Rear Seat Protectors - £39.02 including vat, fitted myself.

To be honest, when I first inquired about these accessories and other accessories, I had to spoon feed the parts dept with part numbers etc (obtained from the forum).  But that's probably because parts etc were not on their system and the car was brand new to them.

Should be a lot easier now.

• Like 4

If you REALLY decide you want them, then I'd suggest ordering them now.

In regards to the space saver kit, their part numbers and physical items were not EXACTLY correct...in my case, the tyre wrench supplied in the kit was the wrong one/size (was too big for the wheel nuts) and the big securing nut to secure the wheel to the car in the boot was too long and had to be changed for a short one.

According to the Toyota parts guy, he confirmed that when a new model is released, Toyota are notorious for these small hiccups when it comes to accessories !!!

Just show your parts guy my photos and it should be clear to him/her/them.

• Like 1

Understood!

I don’t suppose you have the part numbers handy do you? As a starting point?

thanks again,

Ian.

They are all listed on here somewhere, probably near the beginning of this thread, luckily, I had them handy, see photos attached.

16643588007372397702705733645517.jpg

16643588368753820827447946454344.jpg

!!!!!!! Since these were uploaded the part numbers have been corrected. please see HERE for latest guide !!!!!!!!

Edited by Devon Aygo
  • Like 1

Lexus Gunk is fine & I carry 2 cans in addition to the Toyota Sealant System in my X.

Sealant Systems are Standard on many current models sold Globally so they are Eco alternative

to the Spare Wheel.

I have the same System in My F-Sport despite its Standard Spare Wheel as it is SO easy to use in almost any situation.

I am content & zero boot emptying in the Cairngorms & the Alps.

Tel

• Like 1

I think (!!) I may have found a part number for the mid deck boot protector mat for the Aygo X Cross fitted with the space saver kit.

I've given it to my Toyota parts dept to see what they can find.

Screenshot_20220929-094850~2.png

• Like 1

I agree the parts department seemed to find the numbers that I gave them which I took from the installation instructions didn’t seem to agree with the information they had, but they sorted it out.

As is normal with new cars the wheel nuts are extremely tight, I took the rear wheels off to fit rear mud flap things and found I needed a 2 feet extension on my wheel nut brace to loosen them. So though you may carry a space saver, make sure you have an extension to your wheel brace, to get the darn wheels off! Or the space saver will be no use to you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Toyota have ordered a rubber boot protector which "they think" is for the Aygo X Cross fitted with a space saver.

It will be in on Tuesday.  I'll let you know if it fits or not.

• Like 2

This is a photo of the normal rubber boot liner squeezed in after I had the space saver fitted.

I've only taken this photo to show people the difference.

Also a photo of the tread pattern on the actual space saver wheel.

PXL_20220928_124620050.MP.jpg

PXL_20220927_115355972.jpg

• Like 5

On 10/2/2022 at 10:16 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

Toyota have ordered a rubber boot protector which "they think" is for the Aygo X Cross fitted with a space saver.

It will be in on Tuesday.  I'll let you know if it fits or not.

Collected this today and I confirm its the proper one for the Aygo X Cross with the space saver fitted 

• Like 4

For everyone looking into secure tyre repair on the go these two items are the must have in your boot: tyre puncture repair kit and air compressor. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174386478277?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=WB3tQhA-S32&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115244896388?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=eNwJ5eiXQkS&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

These is second best option on the go but having a spare tyre is no doubt the best solution. Sometimes potholes can cause sidewalls damage and nothing but spare tyre can help. Btw these strips many are afraid to use but done correctly can last the lifetime of the tyres. I had a puncture happened on the second day after I fitted brand new tyres back in 2020 , repaired myself with these strips and lasted over 60k miles, just replaced the tyres last week. 👍🛞

Your spare tyre conversion is very nice. Oem work. 👌

17 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Collected this today and I confirm its the proper one for the Aygo X Cross with the space saver fitted 

Would you mind sharing a few photos of the finished products all in situ?

Thank you.

Ian.

I have a twin cylinder electric pump paid £25, and a puncture repair kit £7. The pump is very good and quick, store under driver seat so it doesn't take up boot space. One day last year found a puncture on a tyre and used these kit + soapy water to find the puncture. Saved me £10 and a trip to the tyre shop which if not your local, might say unrepairable. 

On 9/27/2022 at 2:18 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

Got this today.  Tyre wrench, I'm collecting on Saturday (for any eagle eyed reader that spots it missing). 

I also fitted the rear seat protectors.

For anyone doing similar, just bear in mind you do lose a fair bit of boot space, but in my case, I don't need a lot of boot space 👍

The boot floor cover still fits, but the protective boot liner does not, Toyota are checking when/if there is a raised one that fits after fitting the space saver kit.

PXL_20220927_121250609.jpg

16642842077345357917783524658067.jpg

So, what are the part numbers then? What do I have to order from Toyota (or whoever) to get a space saver / spare wheel set?

Scroll up this post, it's all there in detail.

Still not seen the Space Saver Package properly fitted.

Photos please

Tel

Tel, there is a full photo of it in situ !!!