Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo X who has one

Dave the aygo

As title can any of the members who own an auto could you please let me have your thoughts about it before I consider buying one 

Thanks 

I thought you were holding off Dave? Mine is on a boat atm but the auto I drove on test was far superior to my 70 plate x-shift which I have nicknamed  forgetful, due to the fact that sometimes it knows exactly what gear to be in and others not a clue lol. The X CVT doesn't seem to like harsh acceleration such as getting up slip roads and bombing away from roundabouts etc but I've gone for it because all my driving is town based and it was absolutely fine and so much smoother. Guess it depends on your driving style and where you'll be using it but for me it was a no brainer especially with the deal they offered.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, phillev said:

They have offered me a deal so I will have to wait for them to get an auto for a test drive the one I saw at the showroom is a big improvement time will tell if I buy one thanks for your comments 

While I generally dislike CVTs, I think the CVT is the one to have in this case - It's miles better than the MMT in terms of long term reliability, and it means you don't have to deal with the awkwardly high biting point of the clutch in the manual (Unless they fixd that in the aygox, but I don't think they have...)

The Toyota CVT seems to have been exceptionally reliable so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave the aygo said:

As title can any of the members who own an auto could you please let me have your thoughts about it before I consider buying one 

Thanks 

Search for my threads, as I have said a fair bit about owning one, including a return 800 mile trip to Scotland......but to summarise, I'm very happy so far (apart from my defective paint issue, which has now been resolved with a brand new replacement Aygo X Cross).

• Like 3

It's a nice comprise in my opinion because it still carries over some original Aygo traits and it's character but feels altogether more grown up.

• Like 2

It feels like it's slowly turning into a Yaris while the Yaris is slowly turning into a Corolla/Auris!! :eek: 

I guess the Corolla is turning into a RAV4 and the RAV4 has already turned into a Landcruiser :laugh: 

• Like 2

It was a, lot bigger than I, thought it was when I looked at the toyota Web site I didn't like the look of it from the pictures but when I saw it yesterday at the dealership I changed my mind it does look good 

So I, will have to wait for the test drive to make a final decision 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cyker said:

It feels like it's slowly turning into a Yaris while the Yaris is slowly turning into a Corolla/Auris!! :eek: 

I guess the Corolla is turning into a RAV4 and the RAV4 has already turned into a Landcruiser :laugh: 

Aye this happens to all cars it seems, bigger every generation.

I saw an Aygo X at Listers Cov and sat in it, it felt pretty good, like the Yaris Toyota have made a small car feel as well put together as a bigger one.

• Like 2

I have one arriving in October, for the wife.

Took one out for an extended test drive.

Handles well around the roundabouts.

Acceleration is smooth, unlike the old aygo.

Basic spec is good for a run about.

Downside, drivers armrest has no soft padding.

• Like 3

Pleased with mine and the automatic is better than I thought it would. The car is much quieter and smoother than the original Aygo we had (Aygo Blu). No issues at all with the automatic. I added the JBL sound system. It produces great high quality sound. Put some jazz on, turn the volume up and it makes your balls bounce!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I own a 2022 AYGO X Pure.. Absolutely love it.. 5 speed manual.. fuel consumption is amazing, not slow for what it is.. A perfect city car

• Like 4

Thanks for all your comments 

Will have to wait and make a decision soon will let you know what happens 

• Like 2

I have a Aygo X Edge on order in Cardimon Green and the parking pack 👍 Replacement of my recent purchase of a 2019 Aygo X-PRESS in white with a red roof. Lovely car, very very economical **but** the boot seal is leaking and there's a front suspension noise (plus potentially a worn engine mount) - not great on a three year old vehicle with 17k on the clock! Love the economy of the 3 cylinder engine plus the refinement of the 2022 model so hopefully this one will be problem free (touches wood!)

• Like 1

Got My Aygo X last Saturday and I love it

I have the CVT version, which is brilliant, very smooth. Love the sound of the engine.

Very Comfortable, Great driving Position

Perfect for my needs, bombing around countryside and the occasional long trip!

Just Awesome!

• Like 2

Latest Aygo auto cvt will be much better than the previous mmt transmission which is best to be avoided. The cvt offers very smooth and relaxing driving experience similar to Toyota hybrids. The trick driving a cvt car is not to push too much when accelerating but if you need more power to floor it for a short period and release the accelerator so rpm can match quickly, less noise and more mpg as a result. Basically if you hear the engine is screaming you are burning unnecessary fuel. For city drive cvt is best, for county lanes the manual will suit better. 👍

• Like 2

Well I, am still waiting for a test drive no word from the dealership yet

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave the aygo said:

Well I, am still waiting for a test drive no word from the dealership yet

I gave up waiting for my local dealership to find an Auto Aygo X, so tried a manual and decided as we already have a Hybrid Yaris that a manual would be fine for our needs. It saved us money and we could have a manual within two weeks with an un-allocated Aygo X Pure that had just left the factory.

So it’s now sitting on my drive and I really like it already!

I must say though I find it hugely frustrating that not many dealers have the CVT version to try out.

• Like 3

Out of curiosity, how are you manual Aygox owners finding the clutch?

Have they finally fixed the high biting point that plagued the manual Aygo??

Hi all.
I'm from Denmark and I am in Denmark, hope that is ok.

I have just bought a Aygo Limited Automatic and the dealer told me it would be here 27 October, but arrived yesterday 🙂
 will pick it up Wednesday, difficult wait.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cyker said:

Out of curiosity, how are you manual Aygox owners finding the clutch?

Have they finally fixed the high biting point that plagued the manual Aygo??

I’m on my third manual Aygo and I’ve no complaints about the clutch biting point on any of them.

I’ve driven thousands of cars, and the Aygo is nowhere near the worst clutch I’ve ever used. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I test drove the auto aygo X with the new CVT gear box, absolute game changer. Much smoother, feels like driving a yaris with a 1 litre engine.

• Like 3

Sooo are you tempted...? :naughty:

More space for doggo and doggo related things...? :naughty: 

• Like 1