Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door locks… 🔐

AygoIvan

So.. In my 2022 AYGO Pure as I start driving the drivers door engages the lock.. I have, however, noticed that the door on the passengers side does not arm the lock.. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance ..

Not exactly sure I understand what you mean ?

The Aygo X Cross does not have speed sensitive auto door lock, I've just got into the habit of locking the door manually from the drivers door and it locks all four doors.

They all unlock when you use the handle to get out the car, but if the driver is not getting out of the car and you want to unlock the doors, just pull the handle half way and all doors will unlock without the drivers door physically being opened. 

• Like 2

Entirely my bad… Confused the car and a trip to the opticians is warranted.. I just assumed, as the driver side looks armed… 

Anyway.. Thanks peeps.. Onwards and upwards…

However, eventually there will be a obd plug in (for the Aygo X Cross) that will do auto door lock once the car reaches about 10mph.  I have used these devices in my passed Lexus RX300/400 and my MK3 RAV4.  Excellent little devices.

• Like 2

Shame Toyota can't just write the feature in to the vehicle software & then give an option for the driver to activate / deactivate the function in the vehicle settings.

Wouldn't be difficult to link it to the SRS ECU so that any pyrotechnic deployment also unlocked the doors.

• Like 2

On 9/29/2022 at 8:38 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

However, eventually there will be a obd plug in (for the Aygo X Cross) that will do auto door lock once the car reaches about 10mph.  I have used these devices in my passed Lexus RX300/400 and my MK3 RAV4.  Excellent little devices.

How many things can you change with the OBD plug in?  I guess you need special software?

They come programmed for the specific car, all you have to do is plug it in.

The one I had in my Rav locked all the doors when I put the car into "Drive" and when put in reverse, it also activated the hazard lights.  Also when opening any door, the hazards flashed a few times and if you braked suddenly and hard, the hazards also came on and flashed a few times to warn drivers behind you.

They are clever little gadgets.  Because the Aygo X is a brand new model, no one has bothered to program them and sell them yet, but they will come out eventually.

I'm keeping a eye on AliExpress and Alibaba for them to show up for sale.