Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Civic Vs. Corolla

corollags

Hey Guys!

Any of you raced a civic in your rolla? I had a little mess around with one today! Think it was the EG model ESi version but it had been de badged. We both came off a roundabout and floored it. He pulled away very quickly (think he was in 2nd, I was in 3rd) but I started 2catch him when we got to 4-5k revs!

Ad

I feel i have to state this.......racing on the public highway is neither big or clever....sorry but itsa true :thumbsup:

I think we should all drive diesel cars restricted to 68 mph because nobody has ever raced on a public highway or broken the speed limit.Oh and modded cars should all be banned unless its all show with no preformance parts added.

r u sure it was a ESI and not a DX or a LSI? theres no way a normal un-modified corolla can match a ESI coz they r quite beasty i have to admit! although i have a corolla myself but i could'nt agree on u with that 1! that why im eager to get an engine modification. iv got enough information on this coz my bruv has a LSI, a ESI and a VTI and i cant get closed to him, iv tried! ok, LSI may be but ESI and VTI, hell no!

I have had no problem keeping up with or passing the EG ESi's or LSi's :D

It's the new CTR that suprised me :rolleyes:

I was going to get an LSi instead of the rolla but am glad I went with the rolla.

Are you sure it's not driver ability or lack of?

The vTi's are very quick!! I was alongside a vTi and it fairly shot off at some rate!! Might not have been standard though!! :P lol

the thing is, we arnt even talking bout the GTI here r we?? sort it out! by looking at his user name it should be a 97-00 model GS and there is two model, there is 1.3 and 1.6! even if it is a 1.6 it should only have 109bhp. search 4 for info before you chat, dissin my ability when u aint even seen me. even tho u can match the ESI, we not on that issue. hint 4 ya, read the original question next time.

My Corolla is the 1.6 GS Model, 109 Bhp

Not sure what model it was really! Had a type R Badge where the model Badge could be, and it cant be a Type R as they didnt make a Type R EG model! He shot off well fast from the roundabout but I have a feeling he was in 2nd whereas I was in 3rd (the cars new 2me, not looking to rag it yet!). Was also highly modified on the outside so the engine could have been as well, so it could have been a well modded LSi.

I have had 2 Honda Civic LSi's (EG Model) and they are no doubt around as quick as my Rolla but U have to rev the living <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals> out of them to make em shift as they have NO TORQUE! I recon from a standing start to around 30 the LSi could probably beat my rolla, but once doin around 20-30 the toyota starts picking up! The civics also only weigh about 1300kgs and the Rolla is around 1600.

The ESi's are well quick (around 8.5 secs to 60 I think) and the VTi is untouchable by most unmodified Corollas for sure(0-60 around 7.3 secs).

As for racing on the 'public highway' Im sure everybody on this board has done it at some point! Wots the harm in seeing who can get to 30, 40, 50 or 60 first when thats the speed limit?!?! :yes:

Ad

ESi has 130bhp for a 1.6cc, VTi has 160bhp for a 1.6... i think you might of raced a LSi or DX.

LSi 1.5cc 90Bhp...... aint sure about the DX around 60-75bhp i guess cos its a 1.3

:thumbsup:

I know roughly how fast the civic's can go cos i know a person that owns a ESi with turbo fitted in and two with VTi. :lol:

ESi has 130bhp for a 1.5cc, VTi has 160bhp for a 1.6... i think you might of raced a LSi or DX.

LSi 1.5cc 90Bhp...... aint sure about the DX around 60-75bhp i guess cos its a 1.3

:thumbsup:

I know roughly how fast the civic's can go cos i know a person that owns a ESi with turbo fitted in and two with VTi. :lol:

The ESi is 123bhp from a 1600cc engine dude, not 130 from a 1500.

The DX is 74bhp from a 1300cc.

The LSi is indeed 89bhp from the 1500cc.

DEF was not a DX as the rate he pulled away to start off with was pretty impressive! I think myself it was an ESi as he pulled away very fast and then we hit a slight hill and I started to catch him slightly! (Not stupidly fast, just steadily) and as I sed earlier, civics have no torque!

True that they dont have torque........ wait a minute of course they do but very *******. :lol:

Oh the ESI is a 1.6cc sorry :P my mistake, i dunno what the bhp was on that.

My cousin's ESi is pushing out 200bhp with the turbo put on :thumbsup:

PLUS ............ i aint no DUDE!!!! :thumbsup: Get it right.

1.6 VTi 3d @ 157 bhp

1.5i LS 3d @ 112 bhp

GTi-16 3d @ 129 bhp

1.3 G6 3d @ 85 bhp

1.6 G6R 3d @ 109 bhp

1.6 SR 3d @ 109 bhp

:angry:

Oops, bit late with the power figures, lol. Typed them up and didnt post for ages!! lol :D

raced an oldschool si r 1989 1.5L sohc vtec. i owned him.

raced a new 2.2 Vtec prelude, equal race... i was ahead by about.. a foot at the end?

raced a 1.6L dohc vtec civic, chick @ work has one, pretty much smoked her completely... dont think she knows what *drive to the little red line* means.

then again.... i hate civics :)

I think my corolla would be faster then the civics :lol::lol: But then it's not standard ;) ;)

:D :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup::yes::drool::drool:

ive raced enough cars in my time and many civics! I have beaten the ESI without any problems! and my mate jus bout a 1999 VTI. He was infront of me at the lights and i was behind him all the way, but as we got to high end speed he edged on me! Off the lights i got ahead but again once i got in2 4th gear he caught me up and edges away! Reason for this is that the VTi kicks in after 5000 revs or somethin like that.....and by that time my GTi had the lead......

Also as my car has some real good handling he didnt come close to me round corners...!!

Could be your a better driver than him! - My civics stuck to the road like **** to a blanket and neither of them were lowered!

I think the LSi and Corolla 1.6 (1998 model @least) are around the same performance. ESi and the GTi I think are pretty well matched but then the VTi is just on a whole different level and should be left for Knowleson and ae111sr to play with!!!

Im pretty proud of myself for starting such a popular post BTW! Wot shall we say for the next one? Ummmmm, anyone raced a VTR/VTS?!?!?! :lol:

Ad

We ought to get together with Honda Revs and arrange a Santa Pod day to find out once and for

all! This question is asked so often :D

If we got a good number of Corollas and Civics together we could average the times and eliminate

driver ability as a factor.

Cheers

Paul.

Thats a damn good idea! Id like to see Knowleson and AE111SR go up against some VTi's! That would be very interesting!

Ad

ive raced enough cars in my time and many civics! I have beaten the ESI without any problems! and my mate jus bout a 1999 VTI. He was infront of me at the lights and i was behind him all the way, but as we got to high end speed he edged on me! Off the lights i got ahead but again once i got in2 4th gear he caught me up and edges away! Reason for this is that the VTi kicks in after 5000 revs or somethin like that.....and by that time my GTi had the lead......

Also as my car has some real good handling he didnt come close to me round corners...!!

Vtec kicks in 5500 revs :thumbsup:

Thing about the civic is that it can rev up to 8000revs so when u are in ur 2nd gear the civic will still be on it's 1st gear, i think that's what lags the civic's... :!Removed!:

Civic ESI's are no probs in the GTI but the &#33;Removed&#33; VTI things are rapid I kept up with one till 3rd gear and he started moving away and when I asked him bout the redline it went to 9,000 rpm what!

Later