Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris GR sport

flash22

Just priced up a GR sport bi-tone with city pack £28200 retail and.........................................

Six eight weeks delivery !!

A base icon is 33 weeks

That is utter madness

no folding mirrors or rear electric windows

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I paid less than that for my new Corolla Design 2.0 Touring Sports back in 2020. (admittedly I bought via Carwow, as I don’t like paying ‘walk in’ dealer prices). 

• Like 2

It seems like I have to play  lottery more often if I want to buy another Toyota or perhaps any car. Good that I have an electric scooter too if something goes wrong with my Auris 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, flash22 said:

Just priced up a GR sport bi-tone with city pack £28200 retail and.........................................

A base icon is 33 weeks

That is utter madness

There is no way i would pay that amount 😱 and isn't that getting near to the price of the full on GR? 

• Like 4

It's over £24k plus options - it's a lot of money Excel and GR sport are the same price

the market is still crazy £20-21k for a 2-3 year old car

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Eddie G said:

There is no way i would pay that amount 😱 and isn't that getting near to the price of the full on GR? 

If you can even order a GR, 12-18 months wait list, last time I looked

• Like 2

If I knew the car prices would have gone that far high I would have bought a new Toyota in 2020, not that I needed, nor that I need now but just to secure a car for the future until petrol pumps dry out. In that current prices I have to do that with what I have, unfortunately with my use this sound like mission impossible and not sure if I will ever buy privately a Toyota hybrid again. 

• Like 1

I tend to buy at cars 2-3 years old - that market is next to non-existent atm or at nearly new prices

• Like 3

19 hours ago, flash22 said:

I tend to buy at cars 2-3 years old - that market is next to non-existent atm or at nearly new prices

Or more expensive. 👍 Currently the only used cars that are a bit cheaper are old 7+ years vag’s tdi. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2022 at 1:35 PM, flash22 said:

Same here but used market are silly atm so I made the decision to buy new. Good thing I have a MK3 to trade in/sell which will help vastly with the price.

• Like 2

I paid £22k for my GR Sport (totally white, no options) in June. Can't touch that price now. Delivery expected Late December currently.

• Like 2

Carwow price are still the best. 

Those who ordered before april this year and got 42 months interest free payment is the best. 

Screenshot_2022-10-07-14-18-15-869_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-07-14-22-13-017_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 2

I used Carwow and as usual the dealer beat the quoted price.

I didn't get the £1,750 deposit contribution, which makes current deals £24k + without it.

I saw one dealer asking £31k for a demo model.......crazy!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kevlar76 said:

I used Carwow and as usual the dealer beat the quoted price.

I didn't get the £1,750 deposit contribution, which makes current deals £24k + without it.

I saw one dealer asking £31k for a demo model.......crazy!!

Really, people should stop buying these used cars at these stupid  prices. Unless the car is must have just don’t buy it right now. Wait for the market to settle a bit or order new one and wait for it. Can’t believe so many people really need so many cars. It’s just a habit of changing everything so often. Drive or use your car ( phone, tv or anything) until it’s broken beyond repair, then replace. The manufacturer will have time to produce and sell enough new cars and the market will stabilise., prices will go down and everything will be as usual. Cars should drop in value not rise. It’s all completely wrong. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Really, people should stop buying these used cars at these stupid  prices. Unless the car is must have just don’t buy it right now. Wait for the market to settle a bit or order new one and wait for it. Can’t believe so many people really need so many cars. It’s just a habit of changing everything so often. Drive or use your car ( phone, tv or anything) until it’s broken beyond repair, then replace. The manufacturer will have time to produce and sell enough new cars and the market will stabilise., prices will go down and everything will be as usual. Cars should drop in value not rise. It’s all completely wrong. 

I would love to know who buys a demo for more than the list price.

Happens a lot on 'premium' vehicles, but it's madness!!

• Like 3

When the Audi TT first came out people were importing lhd versions to the UK just so they could be the first on the roads.  People are stupid 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/7/2022 at 4:11 PM, TonyHSD said:

Really, people should stop buying these used cars at these stupid  prices.

You're making the classic mistake. The car you are looking is for sale - it has not been bought. And it's priced so it won't be bought, (unless Dumb and Dumber come along). When that car does sell, you have no idea how much the buyer paid for it. Of course the other thing about these headline used prices is that the new car PCP incentives aren't available which makes them even less attractive.

But that's not the aim. if a dealer doesn't need to sell a car, why not advertise at silly prices? They'll be using the cars as marketing ploys such as  ' Look, it's much cheaper to buy a new car than a used one '.  That in turn will attract manufacturer bonuses for the dealership.  It'd be different if their were many used X's on the market but there aren't. If I were a dealer, I'd do exectly the same. 

Edited by RonYarisX
spelling
  • Like 4

On 9/29/2022 at 6:20 PM, flash22 said:

A base icon is 33 weeks

That is utter madness

No idea about actually delivery time but it's been suggested March '22 to me.

UK Yaris X GR does come with electric folding mirrors and 4 electric windows. If you add the safety pack then apart from the electric tailgait and heated steering wheel, it's almost the exact spec and price of an Excel. Just comes down to whether you want different trim / more colours to choose from really. 

Edited by RonYarisX
spelling

I wouldn't want a cross, it doesn't fit my needs the Excel and GR are the same retail price, the light coloured interior puts me off the excel

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RonYarisX said:

You're making the classic mistake. The car you are looking is for sale - it has not been bought. And it's priced so it won't be bought, (unless Dumb and Dumber come along). When that car does sell, you have no idea how much the buyer paid for it. Of course the other thing about these headline used prices is that the new car PCP incentives aren't available which makes them even less attractive.

But that's not the aim. if a dealer doesn't need to sell a car, why not advertise at silly prices? They'll be using the cars as marketing ploys such as  ' Look, it's much cheaper to buy a new car than a used one '.  That in turn will attract manufacturer bonuses for the dealership.  It'd be different if their were many used X's on the market but there aren't. If I were a dealer, I'd do exectly the same. 

You are maybe right about that but we should not forget that dealers make almost no profits from selling brand new cars where selling used can do as much as 50% or even 100% profits. Dealers usually are making money from selling third party services like insurance, paint protection, warranties, accessories and the biggest money maker comes from selling spare parts and servicing. At least this has been the case for the last 20 years or so, unless there is major change in how they operate these days and after the pandemic. 👍

• Like 1

I actually prefer the diamond pattern seats from the lower trim or GR trim than the light colour of the excel. However, I don't want the styling of the GR to the excel, certainly no 18" wheels on a yaris. There's nothing sporty about the same engine used with 116bhp. 

• Like 1

The city pack includes electric folding mirrors though and they have electric rear windows as standard. 

And if you bought straight from the Toyota website with no offers it comes to 26.5k? 2k below what you have been quoted. 

Where are you seeing this? 

Options soon bump the price up, base price is still over £24K retail

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 1:56 PM, TonyHSD said:

You are maybe right about that but we should not forget that dealers make almost no profits from selling brand new cars where selling used can do as much as 50% or even 100% profits. Dealers usually are making money from selling third party services like insurance, paint protection, warranties, accessories and the biggest money maker comes from selling spare parts and servicing. At least this has been the case for the last 20 years or so, unless there is major change in how they operate these days and after the pandemic. 👍

I wonder where that myth came from? 🤣  They defo make a higher % profit selling insurances and accessories but they've always made healthy profits selling new cars. You can prove it for yourself...

Configure any car you like then go to any broker who'll introduce you to a UK dealership.  If UK dealer A gives no discount on a Yaris X whilst UK dealer B is able to give a £2500 discount on the exact same factory build slot wouldn't you say dealer A is making a healthy profit?  Or look it another way, rather than go thru a broker, just walk thru the door of dealer B and ask them to quote you for that same build slot. All of a sudden that £2500 has disappeard and you're lucky to get anything off the price of a car.

It's worked that way for the past 40 years. Before brokers and accessing the internet became popular you had to visit each dealer in turn and play them off against each other. It's amazing how much new car prices fall when you make the effort.

• Like 1