Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Coolant

Javz7865

Hi Guys,

I am a new owner of a 64 plate Auris Hybrid.

I used to have a 10 plate prius and it only had 1 coolant top up.

Upon checking under my car bonnet today on the off chance I noticed the auris has 2. 

The one on the left is slightly lower and on the low sign, yet the other one which I believe is the inverter is fine and on the full line.

Do both use the same normal pink type coolant, bit worried as I dont want to drive and damage the car.

appreciate your help.

Thanks

I am pretty sure the engine coolant and inverter coolant are the same I may be corrected it’s Toyota long life coolant not sure when it should be changed but it’s a few years will tell you in the service book if you have on.The  reason the engine coolant is a little lower is because it’s doing more work and is subject to a little evaporation.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I believe theres two options: red and pink?

Which to use? 

Would have thought the pink, as the red is more used by older cars. The manual should say!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Javz7865 said:

Hi All,

I believe theres two options: red and pink?

Which to use? 

Pink long life ready mix from Toyota. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360617583012?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=bL3g3WGPTf2&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

You had a gen 2 Prius or gen 3? Gen 3 from 2010 is the same as your 2014 auris and has two separate tanks for coolant in two different systems, engine and inverter. First change on engine coolant is at 100k miles or 10 years, inverter is 150k miles or 10 years and then after each 50 k miles or 5 years. 
In hot weather as it was last two months it is normal for the car to have some coolant evaporated, good everybody to check theirs even on a new cars. I had to add 150ml for the engine coolant for 20k miles summer drive. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links