Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RPM to MPH/KMH. No rev counter

Mastro

Hello,

I don't have a revcounter in my Aygo (2007) and I can't find the information on the internet!

I was wondering what would be the maximum speeds in each gear? Does anyone please have a list?

Thank you.

Engine max rpm is around 8k 

As for gearing 

1st gear 0-10

2nd 10-20

3rd gear 20-30

4th gear 30-35

5th motorway, b roads or any fast roads in your area 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gampla said:

Engine max rpm is around 8k 

As for gearing 

1st gear 0-10

2nd 10-20

3rd gear 20-30

4th gear 30-35

5th motorway, b roads or any fast roads in your area 

Appreciate the response, but it does not quite answer my question, perhaps I didn't explain it properly.

I am asking for the max speed in each gear (max speed = redline). For example, let's say in 1st the max speed you can reach is 30mph @6,000 RPM (Toyota Aygo specs say max RPM is 6,000). So at @3,000 RPM you sit at 15mph in 1st gear. Etc..

If your car has a rev limiter like most modern cars then the max in each gear would be what it reaches when the engine starts bouncing off the rev limiter.

Sorry, don't know what those speeds are.

Not a good way to treat an engine though, many years since I had one without a rev counter, but when I did I used to just listen,if the engine sounds unhappy, it most likely is.

Maybe just go old school and don't over rev and don't let the engine lug up hills in too higher gear either.

• Like 1

I've only had one car without a rev limiter and didn't like not knowing where the redline was!

With the Aygo Mk1 at least (Not sure about the Mk2) it's a common and fairly cheap add-on that quite a few owners have added.

As for the original question, this thread may be of some use?

• Like 1

One of many threads

speed has so many variables, one car will not be the same as the another 1st and second are fairly short, the mk2 runs different gear and final ratios

if you want to go faster, upgrade the suspension/rubbers, brakes and some decent tyres - small car with a small engine momentum is key, the flatter and stiffer the ride the harder you can push into the corners and carry the speed, just watch some of the C1 cup videos (Bad Obsession Motorsport did a build series on YT)