Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corrolla gr sport 2l 2023 model HUD does it have one

Louie

Hi Guys

I have taken the plunge and am sticking with Toyota so i have decided to order the new model for delivery early next year in part ex with my 3 year old. Now the problem i have is i have not seen any comprehensive road test of that model only the 1.8.  The sticking point is does the new model have HUD because no one seems to know and what is disturbing is that Toyota have produced on line some specs which only talk of the Excel model having  HUD which was not the case 3 years ago when i acquired my GR sport 2l vehicle., for me HUD was and still is a game changer.

I notice the new model has got a facelift plus  some useful improvements such as bigger and better media screen, voice control for shutting and opening windows etc, wifi charging, hp is now 193 so improved 0-60 times, improved and more efficient Battery and hybrid system and overall  a host of other safety features including new front lights etc.

I would appreciate if any one can throw any light on the HUD issue.

Louie

Hi, 

HUD will only be available on excel models. 

Hi Tony

I spent at least 3 hours with the dealer going over everything with a fine toothcomb and was assured that the 2023 Corrolla GR sport 2l hybrid still had HUD. However since then certain specs published on the net suggest otherwise I am not a happy bunny. I could go for the Excel which is just a tad more dosh. However does anyone know if the mods applied to the 2023 GR Sports Hybrid 2l are also included in the Excel  model such as engine and Battery improvements etc.  I do like the GR Sport model so may give HUD so may stick with that model  providing the screen for displaying RPM and MPH is much more visible on the 20123models. On my current Toyota i cannot see the screen in bright sunlight but i can see the HUD.

thanks

Louie

11 minutes ago, Louie said:

Hi Tony

I spent at least 3 hours with the dealer going over everything with a fine toothcomb and was assured that the 2023 Corrolla GR sport 2l hybrid still had HUD. However since then certain specs published on the net suggest otherwise I am not a happy bunny. I could go for the Excel which is just a tad more dosh. However does anyone know if the mods applied to the 2023 GR Sports Hybrid 2l are also included in the Excel  model such as engine and battery improvements etc.  I do like the GR Sport model so may give HUD so may stick with that model  providing the screen for displaying RPM and MPH is much more visible on the 20123models. On my current Toyota i cannot see the screen in bright sunlight but i can see the HUD.

thanks

Louie

Hi Louie, 

yes the excel model will have almost all goodies as gr model plus the hud. The major difference is outside styling, interior styling particularly seats, gr sport will have half leather while excel will have full leather seats, they both have same shape. Another extra on excel is power tailgate, not available on gr sport models. Perhaps you can have a look here for more information. I hope I remember correctly and not give you false info to make the things even more confusing. 
Here on page 9 

18 hours ago, Louie said:

Hi Tony

I spent at least 3 hours with the dealer going over everything with a fine toothcomb and was assured that the 2023 Corrolla GR sport 2l hybrid still had HUD. However since then certain specs published on the net suggest otherwise I am not a happy bunny. I could go for the Excel which is just a tad more dosh. However does anyone know if the mods applied to the 2023 GR Sports Hybrid 2l are also included in the Excel  model such as engine and battery improvements etc.  I do like the GR Sport model so may give HUD so may stick with that model  providing the screen for displaying RPM and MPH is much more visible on the 20123models. On my current Toyota i cannot see the screen in bright sunlight but i can see the HUD.

thanks

Louie

Hi, I have a MY22 GR Sport and ordered a MY23 Excel, I like the HUD but also consider the adaptive headlight system fitted to the Excel, and if you go for the TS you get a powered boot door with kick sensor. 
I’ve had 2 GR Sports but think Excel now has better spec unless you prefer the looks more

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have a 1.8 Excel on order, and Toyota have told me the power tailgate is *only* going to be on the TS model.

This'll be my first Toyota and I have to say its all very odd that they're taking orders on the MY23 face-lift without having yet published the full spec. They're telling me it won't be published until December.. 🙄 

• 1 month later...

GR Sport does have HUD.

So one would presume the 2ltr version is the same.

Be a shame if they drop it, I find it really useful and it's a great system with loads of features.