Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T27 Avensis - erratic climate control temperature adjustment - fixed

avensisnz

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before on this forum, but I just performed this fix on my T27 Avensis and the following video made the process so much simpler than it otherwise might have been. The most difficult part was trying to remove the piece of dashboard trim that contains the centre air vents. In the end I gave up and only prised out the bottom clips on the head unit surround far enough to remove the climate control unit.

• 5 weeks later...

Toyota have just agreed to replace the climate control unit on my Avensis for free under the 10 year 'Relax' warranty due to this issue. I'm quite impressed considering that they previously quoted £1000+ to do the job if I was paying for it, and the car is 9 years and 51 weeks old!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

Toyota have just agreed to replace the climate control unit on my Avensis for free under the 10 year 'Relax' warranty due to this issue. I'm quite impressed considering that they previously quoted £1000+ to do the job if I was paying for it, and the car is 9 years and 51 weeks old!

class job hard to beat toyota for fixing these problems by chance did you have to show that you had it serviced with toyota all the time r 3rd party car mechanic 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

class job hard to beat toyota for fixing these problems by chance did you have to show that you had it serviced with toyota all the time r 3rd party car mechanic 

It's got a full Toyota service history but that shouldn't have mattered for the Relax warranty. The key point is that the car was serviced by Toyota in the past 12 months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

It's got a full Toyota service history but that shouldn't have mattered for the Relax warranty. The key point is that the car was serviced by Toyota in the past 12 months. 

maybe thats me goosed as i service my car myself but with genuine toyota parts .well i hope there genuine as i went to toyota online and when i say buy online brings me to that snow west parts dealer 

My repair only cost what I paid for a small can of electrical contact cleaner and now it works as good as new.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avensisnz said:

My repair only cost what I paid for a small can of electrical contact cleaner and now it works as good as new.

That's the thing, it is a relatively simple repair, just involves some dismantling and cleaning, but main dealers won't do that, they'll only replace entire components. A few years ago I'd have done it myself, but I'm now self employed and work 7 days a week sometimes so it makes sense for me to pay someone else to fix my car while working at my 'day job'.  If it hadn't been covered by the warranty I'd have probably paid an independent auto-electrician to do it, or just lived with the fault. 

9 hours ago, 2009joe said:

maybe thats me goosed as i service my car myself but with genuine toyota parts .well i hope there genuine as i went to toyota online and when i say buy online brings me to that snow west parts dealer 

The Relax warranty is extended for 12 months specifically each time you have the car serviced by a Toyota dealer, so there's no way of extending it by either DIY servicing or using alternative garages unfortunately. I suppose if you knew your car had an intermittent fault there would be nothing stopping you paying for a service at a dealer, hoping that they don't spot the fault on the service, then taking the car back to them at some point in the following 12 months to claim on the warranty if the fault got worse! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yossarian247 said:

The Relax warranty is extended for 12 months specifically each time you have the car serviced by a Toyota dealer, so there's no way of extending it by either DIY servicing or using alternative garages unfortunately. I suppose if you knew your car had an intermittent fault there would be nothing stopping you paying for a service at a dealer, hoping that they don't spot the fault on the service, then taking the car back to them at some point in the following 12 months to claim on the warranty if the fault got worse! 

well i hope mine dont fall apart its one of the last toyota made engines 2.0 d4d 1adftv and well its got 51k on the clock now for a 2014 .dont get much driving tbh as my work is close and tbh no much call to go long journeys 

How did I miss this topic? Similar topics have been on the forum and I had the same issue which fixed myself, many years ago.

Here is my post - 

• Like 1