Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camry vs Corolla

Bper

Looking at a few videos of the Toyota Camry, it was a very popular car in the USA. Is it as good as the Corolla and why was it not as popular in the UK? Looks a nice car and was interested how the two compare.

It was also popular on the continent if I remember rightly I was reading an article in car mechanics and saloon cars in general have gone out of favour in the uk people are more interested in suv’s and convertible’s and estate’s probably why Toyota also dropped the corolla saloon I suppose it’s because you can get more luggage and other stuff in hatchbacks etc.

• Like 1

Saloons are not popular in the UK as opposed to Europe.

The Corolla saloon is still produced (in Turkey) and still on sale in Europe, whereas it was dropped in the UK due to low sales. The Camry is still on sale in some European countries but has been dropped in others (eg UK, Germany, France) again due to low sales volumes.

• Like 1

Aye.  I love saloons but the missus won't have it.

• Haha 1

One of the issues with it is that it's massive - Definitely a more USA-oriented size!

For some reason people will happily gigantic SUVs but tend to shy away from big hatchbacks and saloons.

My other theory is visibility - Saloons, for reasons I've never understood, don't have rear windscreen wipers, and being quite a rainy country that could make reversing a bit tricky on an inclement day!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links