Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is aftermarket, right??

The23rdman

This is strapped to the bottom of my Yaris 1.8 SR, and I’m assuming that it’s not standard? It’s hitting every speed bump I go over and I’d rather it wasn’t there. Can I remove it and replace with something less obtrusive?

Edit: also, isn’t this going to suck a load of crap up into the filter from this location?

30938406-C2B3-4037-803E-162AF2F165B5.thumb.jpeg.31d1431fec98ab3207bcc555e7293f00.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

it's a roy bacer CAI, that's one way to kill an engine with its own built-in water scoop

• Like 3

Just now, flash22 said:

it's a roy bacer CAI, that's one way to kill an engine with a built-in water scoop

That’s what I thought. It looks like an insane idea. I’ll see if I can redirect it into the engine bay for now until I can replace it with the stock one. 

You have it no lower than the fog lights, with it in its current location driving it through a deep puddle or ford will likely end up with a hydro locked engine

• Like 2

Just now, flash22 said:

You have it no lower than the fog lights, with it in its current location driving it through a deep puddle or ford will likely end up with a hydro locked engine

Don’t worry - I’ll make sure it’s in a safe place away from the wet. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope you never drive near Rufford ford., but even  in heavy rain on motorway if this air duct it’s your engine intake…..🫣

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I hope you never drive near Rufford ford., but even  in heavy rain on motorway if this air duct it’s your engine intake…..🫣

Thank god, no! It’s gone now anyway. I’m just glad I got away with it being there for the time I’ve had the car so far. 😬

• Like 2

Are those cable-ties?! :eek:  That is a truly amazing bit of ricing :laugh: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

As our American cousins would say,"dumb as a bucket of rocks"

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

Are those cable-ties?! :eek:  That is a truly amazing bit of ricing :laugh: 

Yup! And the hose was just shoved in. Nowhere near the correct size. 😆

• Like 1

Prob best just to remove the hose - i assume its just been clipped to the air filter housing? Or has the original filter been replaced with an aftermarket one?

4 minutes ago, corradovr6 said:

Prob best just to remove the hose - i assume its just been clipped to the air filter housing? Or has the original filter been replaced with an aftermarket one?

The filter is standard and has just been changed during the service. The hose was just shoved into the housing and was flapping around in there because it’s not even close to the original diameter. 😆

I’ve discarded it completely. 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2022 at 7:05 PM, Rhymes with Paris said:

As our American cousins would say,"dumb as a bucket of rocks"

I love how everyone drives like they are in a Land Rover, when faced with anything too deep do a Jeremy Clarkson Speeeeeeed 🌊 😂

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2022 at 12:50 PM, flash22 said:

it's a roy bacer CAI, that's one way to kill an engine with its own built-in water scoop

Yep, way back in the day I did the exact same thing on a Vectra B V6.

Just now, Yugguy1970 said:

Yep, way back in the day I did the exact same thing on a Vectra B V6.

Did it survive? 🤓

I didn't have it for long, I did realise how daft it was. 🤣

To be fair back in the days when we were less worried about efficiency and mpg manufacturer intakes were restrictive, intakes to the airbox came straight from the engine bay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie G said:

I love how everyone drives like they are in a Land Rover, when faced with anything too deep do a Jeremy Clarkson Speeeeeeed 🌊 😂

That's because many believe the best way through deep water is fast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RHYSF00 said:

looks like it shouldn't be there

It’s now in the bin. 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Haha 1