Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Red flag day at Toyota dealership while trying to order a new Corrolla

Louie

On 10/8/2022 at 12:35 PM, King Crimson said:

I think that's the camouflage that manufacturers use to hide the updated parts of their unreleased vehicles. Althought it has been revealed so i don't know why they would use it but it will definetly not be on the fully released models.

It's always commented on / asked about by people when a picture appears on the Toyota social media channels, you would think that Toyota would put a disclaimer or note stating that's what it is & it won't be on the production vehicles.

I have a really from Toyota, my23 comes with front and rear parking sensors and ICS- intelligent clearance sonar not the my22 intelligent parking assist, to be honest I don’t use the automated system but sensors are handy

only driven toyota since 2020 when i got a 2ltr design and now a 2ltr gr sport and have been delighted with both cars, remember its a machine and sometimes machines go wrong, my previous car was a 2016 astra and having driven the brand for many years it was by far the worst car i have owned plagued with mechanical and software problems. believe me the corolla has been a real eye opener in terms of quality, comfort and ride .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hah yeah the fords and vauxhalls do have their plus points but long term reliability isn't one of them :laugh: 

I'd say Fords still have the edge in driving feel to Toyotas but the new TNGA Toyotas are right up there now. I'm always surprised how well my Mk4 handles when I'm hooning it down country roads - No previous Yaris has had such good handling! (My Mk1 D4D, while fun, was definitely more drunken whale than agile gazelle :laugh: )

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, simond64 said:

I have a really from Toyota, my23 comes with front and rear parking sensors and ICS- intelligent clearance sonar not the my22 intelligent parking assist, to be honest I don’t use the automated system but sensors are handy

The park assist also give the extra 4 sensors one on each wheel arch that I assume will go on my23. They to me have more use than the automation.

Hi Guys

Thank you for all the responses which all made made very interesting reading. Hmmm the best car i have ever owned/driven was without doubt SAAB Turbo 900T because it was built like a tank and was simply very fast after one my mechanic chums twiddled with the Garrett turbo. It also handled exceptionally well and was very comfortable on long journeys e.g. daily commute London-Cardiff.  Now the next most fun car without was the old VW Golf GTI with impeccable handling which was  better than my 2017 GTD. 

My currrent  Corrolla is a pleasant drive and a technical marvel but a nightmare at the same time because of complexity of software a bit like my new mobile but then that's the modern age we live in. I have given up looking at other brands and will target the 2003  Excel 2l hybrid as my next lease/purchase and I guess i will just have to be patient. I will of course need a test drive before i throw my hard earned money at it and will post my experience in this forum.

N.B. what do the initials  FORD stand for  well its" fix or repair dail" !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links