Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat recline

leepinner2005

Hi all, I've recently purchased a 2017 Prius plus, when reclining the front seats they don't spring back (driver or passenger) got caught when adjusting it while I was driving and had to pull over to pull it back by hand, is this normal? As my Corolla and the wife's Auris spring back. Many thanks

On 10/5/2022 at 10:13 PM, leepinner2005 said:

Hi all, I've recently purchased a 2017 Prius plus, when reclining the front seats they don't spring back (driver or passenger) got caught when adjusting it while I was driving and had to pull over to pull it back by hand, is this normal? As my Corolla and the wife's Auris spring back. Many thanks

Hi, 

they should spring back exactly the same way as Auris or Corolla. Strange really both seats doesn’t. Is it a Japanese spec car ? If yes they might be different then., but uk spec Prius plus  should be spring loaded like Corolla. 

Thsnk you, its under warranty so I'll take a trip to the dealer. And yes its a UK spec 😀

5 hours ago, leepinner2005 said:

Thsnk you, its under warranty so I'll take a trip to the dealer. And yes its a UK spec 😀

That’s the best you can do. If they said it’s designed that way you may ask to provide another one same car to see for yourself or stop and ask any Uber driver for comparison, but I believe they should be spring loaded as I had a few of these in the past uk specs 2014 and facelift from 2015. 👍