Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issue with New Multimedia and Navigation on new 2022 Corolla

Jimbotha

I have my new Corolla now 2 weeks. Small adjustments to get used to the NAV system, which I like, by the way. But when I want to type in a new destination, the satnav doesn't search, and the wheel just keeps turning, as if it is not connected to anything. DCM is strong, but nothing, doesn't't matter what destination I look for.

Have you seen this? Can it easily be sorted?

What is your system, Touch to Go or the new Smart Connect?

I suspect SC.  I have not had a problem with mine.

Roy, it is the new Smart Connect system. Really good looking, and working well, except for searching for destinations by typing. It finds destinations by voice though.

Press and hold the volume control until system resets. This has fixed mine when the search locks up. Also seems to fix the profile not loading issue. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimbotha said:

I have my new Corolla now 2 weeks. Small adjustments to get used to the NAV system, which I like, by the way. But when I want to type in a new destination, the satnav doesn't search, and the wheel just keeps turning, as if it is not connected to anything. DCM is strong, but nothing, doesn't't matter what destination I look for.

Have you seen this? Can it easily be sorted?

Yes, instead of typing in the destination address, try using the microphone button on the screen and speaking it. The voice recognition is really good and brings up the destination and route very quickly. I have stopped trying with the keyboard now and it hasn't failed me yet.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies guys, will give it a try. I just think, it is new, if something should be working, it should work...

19 minutes ago, Jimbotha said:

Thank you for the replies guys, will give it a try. I just think, it is new, if something should be working, it should work...

It should work if you type in a post code or a road name, so it's worth exploring why that function does not work. Agree with other posts about the speech function, it works very well. 

• Like 1

I use voice control for activating the phone, but not navigation. Will definitely give it a try as I find typing on the touchscreen very frustrating, sometimes taking several presses before the letter or number comes up on the screen.

I think over time, one will get much more used to using voice for everything. Even thou I can use Apple CarPlay, I prefer this Toyota interface. It has warned me a few times of impending traffic and rerouted me.

On 10/6/2022 at 1:54 PM, Jimbotha said:

But when I want to type in a new destination, the satnav doesn't search, and the wheel just keeps turning, as if it is not connected to anything. DCM is strong, but nothing, doesn't't matter what destination I look for.

Have a look at the following thread -

Software update to navigation system...issues

it seems that a lot of us who have had the latest update are having the same problem. 

• Like 1

I wonder if a new update will follow, or if one can go back to a previous version...

As I understand it, if the update is 'over the air', it can not be reversed. Can someone confirm please?

Edited by dannyboy413
spellink era

4 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

As I understand it, if the update is 'over the air', it can not be reveresed. Can someone confirm please?

Yes, this is what I have heard. Once installed you cannot revert to a previous version.

• Thanks 1