Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.4 d4d T spirit wanted

dervdave

As title, anyone got a really nice low mileage 1 owner for sale ?

Wooo good luck with that! You'll have to be very patient and keep looking as you're pretty much looking for a unicorn!

The Mk1 D4D was already a rare car when I was looking for one back when I'd just joined this forum, with mileages in the 50-70k's - Finding a low mileage one in good condition now will require a whole lot of searching and great deal of luck!

Maybe you could convince madasafish to sell you his one, although it's definitely not low mileage!! :laugh: 

I already have a 04 yaris diesel t spirit and know finding a minter is like looking for a needle in a haystack ,.

My 100k yaris is a fantastic car but is showing signs of rust in the usual rear beam areas and already had 1 welding repair. 

• Like 1

Yeah they are great cars - I'd still have mine if it wasn't for KHAAAAN!

Rust is their enemy tho', my brothers one was killed by the ol' tinworm :sad: 

You might be better off getting it rust-treated/prevented by one of the companies people have been posting in that other thread if you intend to keep it for a while; Strictly speaking it doesn't really make economic sense on such an old car, but it is a damned good car and IMHO worth saving/keeping and I think finding a new one that's in better condition will be difficult due to their initial rarity...

That said, you could also look at the Mk2 - If you get one that's pre-DPF and pre-DMF they are just as reliable as the Mk1 and the Mk2 is only a bit bigger than the Mk1 but has sooo much space, esp at the back.

The only things I didn't like about the Mk2 over the Mk1 was loosing the sunroof and it's kinda ugly from the front, but aside from that it's still very Yarisy. (Much more so than the Mk3 and Mk4! :laugh: )

• Like 1

Oh wow, there you go dervdave! There's a low mileage one!! :laugh: 

That looks disturbingly clean - Doesn't have any of the undersill paint bubbling common on older Yarisususeies, pinch weld is still straight, even the alloys look good and the Mk1 alloys were notorious for peeling!

But yeah, the Mk1 diesels, esp. T-Spirit ones, are very rare, esp. ones with such low mileage, so they hold their value surprisingly strongly.

They don't have DPFs so basically don't go wrong except for the EGR pipe to the turbo throttlebody sooting up.

Looks very good indeed. That's rare. I'd still take a close look underneath.

• Like 1

No reply to my enquires....... already sold ? 

1 hour ago, APS said:

Looks very good indeed. That's rare. I'd still take a close look underneath.

Definitely! And the exhaust! :laugh: 

1 hour ago, dervdave said:

No reply to my enquires....... already sold ? 

Maybe, but it is also a sunday... :laugh: 

Well I got a reply from the garage but there isn't a lot of movement in the price and its 200 miles away so decided to keep the one I've got and maybe look for another depending on which one of us dies first. 😖

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dervdave said:

Well I got a reply from the garage but there isn't a lot of movement in the price and its 200 miles away

Saying that, maybe my memory is playing up, but it looks like the price has dropped quite a bit:

Toyota Yaris T-Spirit 1.4 D-4D 2005 (05 reg)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links