Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Gti Ae92 Indiglo Dash Kits

Jmbcar33

Hello guys,

I have sent an AE92 Corolla GTi non TVIS dashboard off to have some templates made up for Indiglo dials, just trying to gauge interest about how many to have in the production run? :blink: (these will also fit TVIS GTi's)

I have told the guys at MY Garage (who make these kits) that I don't want anything silly like Jap style fonts or other crap put on these.

They will look very similar to the standard OEM dials, except they will look like white dials in the daytime and they should be adjustable via an inverter between Green <-> Blue indiglo when you switch your lights on at night! :drool:

I have got tired of the boring, difficult to see OEM dash and as no one makes white dials or indiglo kits for our dash's I thought I would do something about it!

Let me know what you all think, I know these are normally a bit taccy but anything is better than the standard dash and these should look great at night, especially with my blue Apexi RSM and other Indiglo gauges! :thumbsup:

I have been told that the price would be between £40-100 depending on numbers so post up if you are interested. :bookworm:

Thanks

Jon B

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jmbcar33

• TOYMOTA

• sussex_ae92

• Antd4agze

hi guys ,do you think you can get indiglo dash kits for the ae82 corolla gt as i would mind some of those,think they'll look just lovely in me car. :thumbsup:

razmataz, the only thing you can do is send a spare AE82 dash off to MY garage. I can give you their contact details if you want?

You would also need to get 10+ kits made to make it worthwhile.

The trouble is that these cars are getting rare so even getting 10+ interested people in the AE92 kits will be difficult!

Thanks

Jon

Please mate that would be handy :thumbsup: ,there must be ten other poeple out there that have ae82's,i'll see what i can do.still they would be good to put on my show car ,wouild finish it off a treat

hi guys

i would be interested in dials for ae92

my email addy is wpbr27889@blueyonder.co.uk

thanks

wayne

might be interested but would only need speedo, tacho, fuel and temp guage as i have boost/ inlet temp, oil press/temp and EGT in the other holes

Ok cool, there is some interest out there at least!

I should get the templates emailed to me within the next week or so. I will post them up and let you all see so that you can give feedback. I will also try to find some pics of other kits that these guys have made.

Dawesy, I will find out how these are going to be joined together. They should be very easy to split if you do not need the complete set.

Thanks

Jon

I would definately be interested!! ive been looking for interior styling kits for ages so please let me know.

email : darren_somaiya@hotmail.com

Cool, this is definitely going to happen then :thumbsup: . I need to get at least 10 kits made, if I get 20 made then it almost halfs the cost.

The main expense with these is getting the templates and tooling made. :angry:

I will post up some pics and more info ASAP, keep watching!

Thanks

Jon

yep i'm interested but they must have a dimming feature for long night time driving as there is nothing worse than getting retina burn from annoying bright light on a journey !?

What sort of look are you going to go for Jon. Are you gunna loose the KMPH, and anything else that doesn't need to be there, so there's a minimalist look to them?

You will not be able to fit different colour bulbs to these kits because the Indiglo is created by two sheets of electro-luminescent (SP?) material. there are no bulbs anywhere in the kits! :bookworm:

When a current is passed between the two sheets, they glow! I believe this is what is used in all proper Indiglo kits. :hokus-pokus:

I will ask whether these will have a dimming feature, I know that they will have the transistor thing to change between greeny and bluey Indiglo.

I thought that it would be best to keep all of the text and fonts as per the original dials because if we start getting into all the different fonts and variations that people want then this will take forever and these kits may never get made! I think that this is the best way to please everyone. ;)

When I post up the templates then we can all have a look and make suggestions etc. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Jon

I thought that it would be best to keep all of the text and fonts as per the original dials because if we start getting into all the different fonts and variations that people want then this will take forever and these kits may never get made! I think that this is the best way to please everyone. ;)

When I post up the templates then we can all have a look and make suggestions etc. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Jon

I'm fine with the font. But I do feel the standard one looks cluttered with the KMPH on it.

Will see what the template looks like. :thumbsup:

First template.......

ToyotaCorollaAE92UKGTi2.jpg

I will be posting pics of the various indiglo options that we can choose soon. We can only choose 1 style for the whole batch.

Thanks

Jon

They are looking good Jon, but why dont we have the TRD logo etched onto the speedo dial just above the speedo needle? I know TRD do replacement dials/clusters too.

Hello Nad,

Yep we can easily have the TRD logo put on these, as long as everyone is happy with that. Any suggestions people, just post them up!

Also we can have reverse indiglo so that instead of the whole of the dial glowing, just the numbers and logos do! Tends to look a bit more classy.

I will post some pics tonight if I can find some......

Thanks

Jon

looking good.will be happy with these,although trd would be a nice touch,and probably be a damn sight cheaper than genuine trd!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links