Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Gti Ae92 Indiglo Dash Kits

Jmbcar33

Any suggestions people, just post them up!

Would it be a pain in the @rse to get rid of the dashes between the MPH figures?Therefore, getting rid of the 32, 34, 36, 38, 42, 44 etc dashes so the only dashes on there will be the 10, 20 ,30 ,40 mph etc.

It's not like there's any speed limits of 58mph or whatever. I just feel the speedo looks crowded with all those dashes on!?!? Would be interesting to see what it would look like on the Rolla, as I think I remember correctly in saying that a friends old RS Turbo had very minimalist white dials on it and it looked sweet as!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jmbcar33

• TOYMOTA

• sussex_ae92

• Antd4agze

Yeah it may be better to just have the dashes at 5mph intervals, would look much less crowded and still be as easy to read.

I wouldn't want just 10mph intervals....

yeah i would want more than just 10mph intervals. I would also prefer only the digits to illuminate.

I'm not sold on the TRD logo thing, it's kinda like those chavs that stick ingredients/wants lists on their cars when they dont have the equipment. A JMB logo or a Toyota symbol would be cool though ?

just my thoughts. :)

just my pref but i do think the TRD thing would look quite good defo reverse indiglo i think

The are the two styles that we can have for the indiglo background:

1) Blue/ Green Full background lite (non reverse - standard Indiglo)

Day:

4230.jpg

Night:

gaugef.gif

2) Reverse indiglo (red and blue combo)

Day:

14ri.jpg

Night:

22ri.jpg

Thanks

Jon

I definately want these!! The second ones were better....they looks wicked at night! Reverse indiglo - the blue and red ones!

how much are these roughly going to cost? when would they be ready?

Defo reverse-indiglo blue/red - I still think we should have the TRD logo on but its not my call.

By the way, can these be drilled or cut? Because I have a green LED boost indicator on my Rev dial-face.

Hello,

Yep we can have the TRD logo, awaiting new templates now. I am only gonna have these made in normal indiglo because in the reverse (blue+red) indiglo you cannot see the dashboard needles at night!! It does look prettier but it would make the dash useless!

Also the reverse indiglo is just a copy of VW dash's and I hate German cars...

I will post up pics of the final templates soon and get this finally moving along...

I will ask if they can be cut for SC LEDs etc.

Thanks

Jon.

They would have looked good on reverse, but either way they'll look better than the standard ones.

Can't wait for the final template.

JB, what sort of price are we looking at, now that we know roughly how many people are interested?

Here we go then people! :eek:

Final Template:

Corolla_Gti_Finished.jpg

Trial fitting of plain tester dial kit (without coloured parts):

CorollaGTiTrail.jpg

I am really happy with the look, can't wait for these to be finished now! :thumbsup:

These are going to be made to the template above, I thought it best to stick with the original font with kmph and without the TRD label as this is the best way to keep everybody happy.

I don't want this kit to be impractical or to cause MOT failures etc. so I am sticking with a pretty standard look.

I also thought that If you want you can always buy a small TRD sticker and attach that to the dial kit when fitting.

I will add another post v.soon about price, I am expecting £60-70GBP for Full Indiglo with colour adjuster and dimmer which is also v.good.

Thanks

Jon

I'll be happy with that look. :thumbsup:

It'll make a nice change from boring old blacky/grey dials.

Just out of curiosity, what would make the dials fail the MOT??

I dunno what would make them fail, but that's the reason that I didnt want to alter the markings on them. <_<

Also to answer Nads question, these can be cut/drilled but you will have to make sure that the two sheets of Indiglo do not become detached from each other when modifying because this will damage the indiglo effect. Know what I mean?? :bookworm:

Thanks

JB

yep,me to.are these an easy fit,or some wiring involved?saxokiller,where bouts in kent you from?im moving back there saturday.

These will be a pretty easy fit as long as you can use a screwdriver! :hokus-pokus:

These kits slide over your original dials and be secured in place with the orignal screws, you will not need to remove pointer needles or do any farting about! :yes:

Then these would need to be wired to your +ve lighting circuit, so that when you turn your lights on then the Indiglo dials will illuminate. The other wire will need to go to a good earth connection.

I will supply intructions and hopefully all parts that will be needed for fitting.

Ta

JB

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links