Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bZ4X Delivery Dates

bZ4X

Hello guys recall is over now. We are all waiting for delivery dates. I have been called and informed that Decemeber I will be delivered my bZ4X. Any one else had confirmed delivery date?

Heard nothing yet so just rung my dealer to ask for an update and someone is supposed to be ringing me back in next 10 mins

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 10:41 AM, egg said:

Heard nothing yet so just rung my dealer to ask for an update and someone is supposed to be ringing me back in next 10 mins

Did they call you back? 😊🤙

15 hours ago, fcpaulcheng said:

I have asked my dealer last week but no reply yet!

I was called this week, they may have update now. 

7 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Did they call you back? 😊🤙

They never did, so rang again 3 hrs later to be assured i would receive a call before the end of the day........ i never did.

Just emailed my dealer through the Toyota website to see if i get a reply.

Really getting to the end of my tether now!!!!!

Has anyone from UK that pre-ordered actually got a confirmation in some form? 

I got an order confirmation form emailed to me when i confirmed my order end of March

16 minutes ago, egg said:

I got an order confirmation form emailed to me when i confirmed my order end of March

ya, got that too, i meant a delivery confirmation since last week. 

I phoned Toyota Monday and complained (again) that their lack of communication is bordering on rude. Explained I shouldn’t be hearing about the end of the recall from USA based people. 
Verbally got told maybe early November for my car that is sat in Burnaston. Still nothing in writing. 
Apparently I should expect the next update to be when they send the finance paperwork through. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Malop said:

I phoned Toyota Monday and complained (again) that their lack of communication is bordering on rude. Explained I shouldn’t be hearing about the end of the recall from USA based people. 
Verbally got told maybe early November for my car that is sat in Burnaston. Still nothing in writing. 
Apparently I should expect the next update to be when they send the finance paperwork through. 

Could not agree more.

Our vehicle is/was also at Derby , UK in late June 2022.

The only communication we have received since ordering in April 2022 was an email last week from dealer, saying the "issue resolved" and will be advised on delivery in "next few weeks".  That does NOT mean delivery in the next few week, just advised when the delivery date may be .

AFAWK there has been no official public update from Toyota UK.  And nobody in the UK appears to have received a delivery date

Why is this, given it has all been announced in USA ??

Can supply of bolts be the problem ?  UK recall was 432 vehicles, X four wheels X five ? bolts per wheel = 8,640 bolts, is that difficult ?

Our guess is the USA is the priority for Toyota given owners aleady have possession of cars, and they are putting all resources into fixing the US

Having said that , Toyota is a truly huge company, and UK must be an important market, so still seems very odd the complete lack of news

Maybe there is something about the UK cars none of us know about ?

The "fix" for USA is new bolts AND wheel hubs.  Apparantly UK "fix" is bolts only.  So the UK cars are either physically different, or the affected components are the same but were manufactured in different factories and were defective ?

Bottom line is we are being told nothing officially, which means there is some uncertainity either over the UK "fix", or supply chain issue for the required parts for the fix.

Still if we are to walk away and look for another EV, the choices are very limited unless you want to wait 12 to 18 months......

On 10/11/2022 at 4:03 PM, bZ4X said:

Hello guys recall is over now. We are all waiting for delivery dates. I have been called and informed that Decemeber I will be delivered my bZ4X. Any one else had confirmed delivery date?

When did you originally place your order ?

Cannot possibly take three months to fit new wheel bolts, that is same time as to build and ship entire new vehicle !

December 2022 delivery date is about same time for a new car to be produced in Japan and shipped to UK.

We ordered in April 2022 and bz4x arrived in UK June 2022.

• Thanks 1

I am in Sweden and know for sure bolts have arrived since my dealer said that they will fix their demo car on Monday and that it can be test driven next week. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, W id said:

I am in Sweden and know for sure bolts have arrived since my dealer said that they will fix their demo car on Monday and that it can be test driven next week. 

That is great news, please do let us know if you get a test drive next week ?

As of today, Toyota UK still not accepting orders for BZ4X, still says 'Keep me informed'

1 hour ago, lightboxcar said:

The "fix" for USA is new bolts AND wheel hubs.

I don't think that is correct ... as I have understood in the US Toyota are replacing the bolts and the wheels - the hubs are staying as they are.

Who knows exactly what will happen in the UK since everyone is waiting for a formal statement but it is possible that the wheels supplied on UK spec cars differ from those supplied on US spec cars ...

More patience is needed ... 😉

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

I don't think that is correct ... as I have understood in the US Toyota are replacing the bolts and the wheels - the hubs are staying as they are.

Who knows exactly what will happen in the UK since everyone is waiting for a formal statement but it is possible that the wheels supplied on UK spec cars differ from those supplied on US spec cars ...

More patience is needed ... 😉

Correct, thank you, see attached which states " The dealer will replace the hub bolts with newly designed hub bolts with a washer. In addition, the dealer will replace the wheels with improved ones..."

UK wheels likely need to be able to handle more pot holes, so we should get nice new wheels too !

RCLRPT-22V444-7646.PDF

3 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

DVSA & Toyota say this for UK vehicles.Screenshot_20221013-152536.thumb.png.e86999f96208a82dae98d0d30ca06b8b.png

That's definitely new. Corrective fix wasnt listed earlier in the week

4 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

DVSA & Toyota say this for UK vehicles.Screenshot_20221013-152536.thumb.png.e86999f96208a82dae98d0d30ca06b8b.png

as here: https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make/TOYOTA/model/bZ4X/year/2022/recalls

That's one less thing to wait for ... now just need the dealers to be updated / catch-up ...

So the question remains, how come the USA get new wheels and we in the UK only get bolts ?

Is this just another case of ripp off Britain !!!

One more thing, tyres degraded over time as the rubber is attacked by ozone.

Those of us who have had cars that were shipped in April 2022 will be getting tyres that are already nearly six months old.

This in addition to the huge inconvenience of the long delay, e.g. we had already sold our vehicle based on the 'firm' delivery dat the dealer gave of late June 2022.

Toyota UK may of course demonstate some goodwill, but on the other hand .............

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lightboxcar said:

So the question remains, how come the USA get new wheels and we in the UK only get bolts ?

Is this just another case of ripp off Britain !!!

US cars have a different specification of wheels.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

Correct, thank you, see attached which states " The dealer will replace the hub bolts with newly designed hub bolts with a washer. In addition, the dealer will replace the wheels with improved ones..."

UK wheels likely need to be able to handle more pot holes, so we should get nice new wheels too !

RCLRPT-22V444-7646.PDF 210.24 kB · 1 download

No, no they won't replace the wheels, it's bolts only in the UK, the bulletin posted is USA only, nothing to do with Europe 

2 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

Toyota UK may of course demonstate some goodwill, but on the other hand .............

As I said previously, believe DVSA won't agree to goodwill, compensation or whatever from manufacturers for recalls.