Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bolt tight

RHYSF00

I need hfll got a 10mm abs bolt wont come lose. Have tried wd40 and breaker bar. No ideahow to take it out

A picture of the bolt and a description of where it is and what it is for would be a big help.

Is the bolt in a position that you can apply some heat to it. If not have you tried leaving the WD40 on for 15- 30 minutes . Also have you got something longer you can slide over the top of the breaker bar handle to create more leverage

Hope this helps. 

3 hours ago, Bper said:

Is the bolt in a position that you can apply some heat to it. If not have you tried leaving the WD40 on for 15- 30 minutes . Also have you got something longer you can slide over the top of the breaker bar handle to create more leverage

Hope this helps. 

Cant use heat as the location is near ball joints znd brakes and driveshaft. Have tried everything now. No movement. 

2 minutes ago, Stivino said:

Picture please.

I dont have one on phone. But it direct behind brake cover on the abs system. I hot passenger side

Have you got a decent 6 point (single hex) socket that won't slip?

1 minute ago, Stivino said:

Have you got a decent 6 point (single hex) socket that won't slip?

Tried it

Then try as hard as you can and if the bolt snaps, try the next thing. 

Just now, Stivino said:

Then try as hard as you can and if the bolt snaps, try the next thing. 

I am gonna replace the sensors. But they dont come with a bolt

If it snaps, get a new one.  They are as cheap as chips.

2 minutes ago, Stivino said:

If it snaps, get a new one.  They are as cheap as chips.

Ok. 10mm is m6?

1 hour ago, RHYSF00 said:

Is there a specific type of bolt?

Is it the oxygen sensor bolt that you can't remove . 

2 hours ago, Bper said:

Is it the oxygen sensor bolt that you can't remove . 

Abs sendor mount

1 hour ago, RHYSF00 said:

Abs sendor mount

Hi Rhys,

Correct me if i am wrong but the ABS sensor bolt is in a horizontal position behind the brake backplate. The positioning of ths 10mm bolt and the rust they accumulate is a common problem of why they tend to cease up. 

You have tried WD40 and the breakerbar but still no joy. If you can get an open ended spanner and a hammer (preferred club hammer) would be good. Hit the spanner a few times and it may just be enough to loosen the bolt. If not continue to soak the bolt in WD40 . Also try and whack the spanner in the tightening position slightly as this can also help to free it. Also try to the above with the socket wrench if you can't get a spanner on

It will take some time but it should free up. If all else fails it may need an air gun to release it.

Edited by Bper
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Rhys,

Correct me if i am wrong but the ABS sensor bolt is in a horizontal position behind the brake backplate. The positioning of ths 10mm bolt and the rust they accumulate is a common problem of why they tend to cease up. 

You hava tried WD40 and the breakerbar but still no joy. If you can get an open ended spanner and a hammer (preferred club hammer) would be good. Hit the spanner a few times and it may just be enough to loosen the bolt. If not continue to soak the bolt in WD40 . Also try and whack the spanner in the tightening position slightly as this can also help to free it. Also try to the above with the socket wrench if you can't get a spanner on

It will take some time but it should free up. If all else fails it may need an air gun to release it.

Tried gammer and spanner

4 minutes ago, RHYSF00 said:

Tried gammer and spanner

OK then keep soaking the bolt in WD40 . Have you got something that you can extend the bar with to give you more leverage. 

• Like 2

If you have used a breaker bar on a M6 bolt it’s a wonder it has not sheared as has been suggested get some heat on it. I have in the past used a centre punch on the flat of the hexagon and managed to free it hold the centre punch approx 45 degrees to the hexagon and whack it, also try tightening it that sometimes free’s up rusted bolts.

• Like 1

I go for a six sided socket then a extension tube and wack the tube with a hammer.

Do not use a ratchet handle.

Sometimes I use a combination spaner and tube will work.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links