Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

urban cruiser a/m srereo ...

chunky toes

Hi people... just fitted a Chinese stereo and had to use an aerial adapter ....so , there is a blue wire with the antenna cable (booster? ) but there doesnt appear to be anywhere in back of stereo to connect it to.... radio reception is really bad now lol.. where can i or where should it connect to ? 

Many thanks !

Phil

• 1 year later...

Ouch. Sorry to hear. I considered many other aftermarket head unit options and was tempted by the seemingly excellent value Chinese units! A friend has a Nissan Juke & his stock unit was replaced with a Chinese Aftermarket unit and it sermed ok! For like a whole month! 😂. TbH it sounded ******* & the display appeared to be on the lame side. Unconvinced I installed an Alpine ILX702D in the Toyota Urban Cruiser from a shortlist inc Clarion, Kenwood and Pioneer.  Sounds excellent, works with steering controls , fits in flush in replacement of factory head unit, works with reverse camera - i ran the reverse camera and got the rear number plate lamp camera so it looks proper factory installed! Whole interior looks updated because it never really did look out of date anyway. Also the Alpine has got the FM Aerial connector in the back (universal connector port) also has DAB connection but I listen to all my music through Apple CarPlay anyway inc radio so don’t even rely on FM DAB (but I could). Bro  ditch the Chinese calculator and get a proper Japanese head unit for your Japanese built car, she deserves it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links