Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heated seats

Akuram

It has never been a UK option

An aftermarket kit is around £100-200, getting it fitted will be £200-300 what may be more difficult giving your location

A quick google - Tayside Coach Trimming & Upholstery

there are plenty of videos on YouTube on how to strip a seat and fit the pads, you will need a few new hog rings and a pair of hog ring pliers if doing it your self

random vid

I've had a few quotes, including a company that has a fully kitted out van and come to the house.  Prices that I have had are £500 up to £800.

The actual kit itself is cheap and they all tend to use the same brand.  Its the labour that bumps the price up.

I'm going to see how the car feels in the colder months and see how quickly the car warms up with the heater, however, I do feel I will end up getting them fitted.

And remember, you can start the car remotely prior to arriving at your car and have it warm when you get in it.

• Like 1

Highest quote just in is £1350 🥺

• Sad 1

I've fitted a few Domestic MSH 60 & also a MSH 300 heated seat kits over the years.

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/outdoor/uk/products/safety-and-security/driver-assistance-systems/seat-heater

The kits have 3 wires to connect from its loom to your vehicle, switched live, constant live & earth.

As for the hog rings - sharp side cutters remove them & decent cable ties replace them for the home mechanic.

I just don't understand the huge difference in the quotes !!

What can one company be doing that equates to nearly 3 times the price ?

£500, then £800, then £1350 !!

The £500 one is from a company that do nothing but heated car seat installs and that's the one that comes to the house with a fully kitted van (but I have a large cosy garage they could use).  So they obviously have less overheads to cover and I do like it when I use a company that just provide one service and that's their bread and butter !!

9 minutes ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

I just don't understand the huge difference in the quotes !!

It's called profiteering Bobby!

A bit like when I was getting quotes for a new boiler, some people are so busy I think they just price themselves out of the job to save face

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yeah, we do stuff like that, like if we get a request for a quote from a customer who's proven to be a total smeghat in the past, we'll price it high so we either don't get the job or we at least get extra compensation for the inevitable aggro! :laugh: 

For the good customers we tend to be a lot more obliging tho', and will also do small silly jobs for them for free if we're nearby. So it goes both ways!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, we do stuff like that, like if we get a request for a quote from a customer who's proven to be a total smeghat in the past, we'll price it high so we either don't get the job or we at least get extra compensation for the inevitable aggro! :laugh: 

For the good customers we tend to be a lot more obliging tho', and will also do small silly jobs for them for free if we're nearby. So it goes both ways!

Ain't that the truth 😏

One of the first things I learned when pricing construction jobs down your way, was when encountering time wasting, crazed,rude and awkward clients, roughly estimate it, spend no more than half an hour,add 30% awkward factor,then double it.

One I looked at in Hillingdon under the Heathrow flight path ,was a very badly damaged semi detached house,it had been smashed by sledge hammers inside to expose all hidden spaces, like stud walls , fireplaces etc,andthe garden dug up.

The landlord said it was police damage and that they would pay, without specifying which office would authorise payment for the works,or providing any name of a contact to check this,so before spending hours prepping an estimate, I gave it the No1 treatment.

Turns out, when I read the news sometime later the house was the one that had been transmitting information to Aeroflot (sp) airliners taking off from the airport.

The landlord never did come back to say who would be paying for all this, maybe he did not get much goodwill from MI5.

On the other hand the proper ones with building control approved drawings in place, and an architect to refer queries to, received a carefully considered tender,at a competitive mark up, usually around 10%.

On the other ,other hand,if a reasonable and sane person, it's not right in my opinion to give a vastly inflated estimate simply to turn away work when too busy to take it on.

Just be honest and tell them the books are full for the foreseeable, and recommend an alternative if possible.

• Like 1

I had them installed by the dealer. Afermarket heating for the seats. 
Same brand you see everywhere. 
Came to 500 euro for 2.    Thought that was an ok price, last year october.

I think the Aygo X has them standard on some top spec versions here but looked like in the YT movie I saw they only come with one setting. Then it's either too hot or not warm enough.

22 hours ago, Parts-King said:

It's called profiteering Bobby!

A bit like when I was getting quotes for a new boiler, some people are so busy I think they just price themselves out of the job to save face

I got quotes for a new boiler last year, several. It was not the price that bugged me but all bar one knew how a boiler is set up and what settings are needed to achieve the 90% + efficiency they are rated at.  I did not use that one because he did not install the boiler I wanted. I found a manufacturer’s recommended installer and I had to tell him to change the settings to obtain maximum efficiency! 95% or more of installers I understand do not set up the boiler properly when they finish. 

Hey,  I have digressed for this forum! Spat my dummy out though!!

3 hours ago, haelewyn said:

I had them installed by the dealer. Afermarket heating for the seats. 
Same brand you see everywhere. 
Came to 500 euro for 2.    Thought that was an ok price, last year october.

I think the Aygo X has them standard on some top spec versions here but looked like in the YT movie I saw they only come with one setting. Then it's either too hot or not warm enough.

Europe gets the cold pack anything except the base model have the wiring pre-installed

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links