Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Navigation app failure

Donrald

I have had my first long journeys in the Aygo X Exclusive and used the navigation app. The first of such journeys was just on an hour each way. No problems. The next was a two hour journey each way. Over two days. After about 1.5 hours the navigation screen then said it had no contact . A red cross appeared on the cloud icon. Stopping and starting changed nothing and what was worse it happened at a crucial point of the journey when I need it. However, I swapped to using CarPlay and the map app on the iPhone. That worked. The next morning the navigation app worked. But again after about 1.5 hours it lost contact again and I reverted to my iPhone. This morning doing a factory reset did not seem to achieve anything. But a second reset and it connected to my house WiFi. It seemed to work but I suspect it will fail again. Something I need to report in but I wonder if anybody here has had this problem?

Mine has had a few glitches (these systems all do now and again), but seems to have settled down now.  I use Waze and Google Maps, my wife uses Apple Maps (CarPlay).  I have tried the actual built in sat nav Maps in the unit, it works fine, but nowadays, there is really no need for this in cars.

If I was you, I'd keep a written note of the issues and once you have a few, book it into Toyota for investigation. 

• Like 1

This is a common issue please see below a comment from Toyota Magazine.  You may want to fill in the form to the multimedia team.

Hope this helps

I have a yaris cross design tech, my system keeps losing connection the cloud with a red cross is displayed. I can’t use the sat nav or some of the other services. This happens at least 1 out of 4 times I drive the car.

1. 4412a45da42f17d7ef0e055ec2afcfab.jpg?verToyotaUKsays:

Hi David,
    Thanks for your comment.
    The Multimedia Team would be best suited to assist you with this query.
    You can contact them here – https://fal.cn/3eeaN.
    Thanks.

Thanks. I have already reported it in (yesterday) and await a response. When the navigation system worked it was much better than my previous Toyota (CH-R).

Toyota came back to me this morning wanting me to take the car in, but this morning it started to work properly again. I doubt they will find a fault if it’s working. They probably would hardly try. I am also not convinced the local dealer will have people with the expertise to handle this aspect. I could be wrong. Anyway, it works again! For how long?! 

• 10 months later...

I have a year old Aygo X and my sat nav works intermittently.  There is no rhymn or reason sometimes doesn’t work for a couple of days, sometimes tries to connect and others just total blank.  Any suggestions before I lose car at dealer for goodness knows how long 🥲

I had the Aygo X delivered in january, so it was made somewhere end of 2022.

From the beginning, I have the issue that after some time it just stops working.
Not 1,5 hours on the way but rather 20 minutes.
Recently it does quite ok but I avoid using the Toyota system.

I remember that some time before I ordered the Aygo somebody told me in the garage (dealer) that multimedia was a real pain in the but for the moment...
And the salesman told me after I picked it up and complained that the system was even worse than the Renault RLink2, adviced to use any system with Android Auto.

Yeah... They are all better than the original GPS which is really on the bottom of the line compared to others.

I remember Volvo's first built in GPS systems were crap too.

Seems to stay constant...   Often car brands don't install decent GPS systems but just something that works often and sometimes not. Or the other way around.

I bet a lot of dealers blame it on your connection...ie, 4g, dead spots etc.  And yes, that of course could be a reason, but in today's day and age, that should not be a constant issue !!

I'm under the impression that it is not the 4G connection that is troubling me.
The places where it goes wrong have good 4G connection.

The Gps system doesn't report anything about 'connection lost' either. It just blocks and restarts ... or it freezes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links