Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car settings!

Donrald

Three queries. I am enjoying my 2022 Aygo X Exclusive but….

A pain in the butt is the lane control setting. I have found I can switch it off by holding down the button for 5 seconds but have to do it every time I start the car. Is there a way to turn it off permanently. It is a complete nuisance to have.

I have cruise control. It works but it insists on slowing the car down if it thinks the car in front is too close. It’s awful to keep experiencing. If a car overtakes you and pulls in front if you are on cruise control the car slows when there is no need to do it. Is there a way of switching this off? Again it’s a pain.

The third one is the sound for the navigation system. With other cars I have had using the Sat Nav it has the voice telling you what to do cutting out anything else that is playing so it takes precedence. It normally reduces the sound from any other device so that you can hear the directions. I can adjust the volume for it in settings but then it’s so loud it is too intrusive. Is there a setting I am missing.

I don't have the new aygo, but surely the cruise control is optional and will turn off if you brake or press the accelerator?

Maybe this will help.

My cruse control is off as standard I have to engage it if I want to use it!.

Its canceld by pressing the brake, accelerator or the cancel button on the steering.

I can set sensertivity level one to three bars its on the right hand side of steering wheel at the top its name is vehicle to vehicle distance switch move it down on the display to show less than three bars.

Its Dynamic speed control ajust to speed of trafic in front of me can switch to just radar control.

I also press the cruse control switch to turn off the radar completely.

• Like 1

You are using C.C. in imperfect scenarios as Average Speed Camera Routes are the best to test the System that will always ensure you are safely behind the car in front.

Tel

LTA in 2022 cars doesn't go off permanently. This will be a pain also for me when I get the Yaris next year. 

If it has a similar system to the new Yaris, you can hold down the cruise control button (instead of just pressing it) to turn on 'dumb' cruise control.

That acts like a normal cruse control and will blindly hold whatever speed you have it set to, even if there is a wall in front of you :laugh: The auto-steer (If yours has that) won't function in that mode tho'.

Personally, I've gotten in the habit of anticipating when the radar cruise will do its nasty harsh braking, and hitting the cancel button before it has a chance to so the car will just coast down instead of obsessively trying to maintain the gap.

If you haven't, you could also try reducing the follow distance of the radar cruise, as that might make it more acceptable. I normally have it at 1 or 2 bars rather than the default 3, which IMHO is an excessively large gap!

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. The Lane Assist I am stuck with. Every time I start the car I have to switch it off. With cruise control my best bet is probably to adjust the sensitivity, which I had left where it was. I have tried holding the button down but perhaps for not long enough.

The navigation sound i think is a software failing. It should take precedence over other sound playing. It doesn’t. Strange as all other cars i have had that happened and my local Toyota dealer is surprised it does not take precedence.

Yes LTA resets to default of on every time car is restarted, but cruise control is off unless you switch it on. Yet to test mine as living on the Isle of Wight means I don’t do long enough journeys on suitable roads to benefit from it. Will have to try when I visit friends in Yorkshire in December. 

Toyota made contact with my local dealer and they asked me yesterday to take the car in. They are only 1.5 miles from me. They were surprised to find that navigation sound when operated does not mute other sound playing in order to give it precedence.  They came to the conclusion there is nothing they can do about it. I have suggested they report back to Toyota for they to investigate doing a software update to enable the feature. At present I have had to set the navigation sound high but it is too high if the radio is not playing anything other media. Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody can drown it out though!

• Like 2

Are you guys sure it can't be programmed out by the dealer, this LTA system ? 
I saw a list somewhere of things that could be done but I'm not home now... Will try to look into it later.

I remember from before that I always think I am using the blinker to change lane and that the LTA was a good way to show me I am not perfect. 
No idea if I will always keep it on or not;

I think the automatic parking system is never included in Aygo X... Can anybody confirm ?

It DOES have a steering influencing equipment to do the lane assist in an active way though.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

Are you guys sure it can't be programmed out by the dealer, this LTA system ? 
I saw a list somewhere of things that could be done but I'm not home now... Will try to look into it later.

I remember from before that I always think I am using the blinker to change lane and that the LTA was a good way to show me I am not perfect. 
No idea if I will always keep it on or not;

I think the automatic parking system is never included in Aygo X... Can anybody confirm ?

It DOES have a steering influencing equipment to do the lane assist in an active way though.

When you say auto parking I assume you mean hands of steering wheel and the car parks itself. Aygo X hasn’t got this or if it has I haven’t come across it either in use or in the manual!

• Like 3

Used to be a hot feature for cars before but I think drivers as well as makers are saying goodbye to this gadget nowadays.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links