Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anyone know what this is?

Barb5734

Hi 

I found this in the footwell of my 2 week old Aygo X, my dealer says 'he has no idea what it is? It's about 5cms by 5cms i think! I will speak with the service department, but meantime, any ideas?  Image previewImage preview

Hi there,

It doesn't appear the image is attached Barb.

• Like 2

Oh, I can see them, how weird. I've dragged them now, has that worked? Image previewImage preview

try uploading them to the forum by clicking on choose files, if you are dragging them from an online account it will not work (looks like an Outlook account)

• Like 2

Thank you everyone, I will try that! Fingers crossed, third time lucky! 

20221020_124716.jpg

20221020_124734.jpg

• Like 1

The short answer is, I don't know.

But it looks like maybe one half of a plastic Shell that clamps around something, probably for cosmetic purposes. One thing I do recognise is the brand name: Valeo is a clutch company, so maybe it fits somewhere around the top of the clutch pedal?

• Like 2

Well it has a Valeo part number T463129 its on a square shaft and has a gear it looks like some sort of quadrant gear - Maybe something related to the A/C system

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Red_Corolla said:

The short answer is, I don't know.

But it looks like maybe one half of a plastic shell that clamps around something, probably for cosmetic purposes. One thing I do recognise is the brand name: Valeo is a clutch company, so maybe it fits somewhere around the top of the clutch pedal?

Valeo are a major oem supplier every thing electrical and electromechanical, from Wiper Blades to gearboxes

• Like 3

Ah, do you have manual heater controls ? knobs you turn rather than buttons

The car is auto, so no clutch, so we can rule that out, the a/c comment could be nearer the mark, my husband was guessing at that. I don't have manual heater controls, it seems to be all buttons. The mystery goes on. I will whizz down to Toyota tomorrow and see what I can find out! I'll come back and let you all know. Thank you for the input, much appreciated. 

• Like 1

to me it looks like a quadrant gear that controls one of the flaps, if you press the recirculate button with the fan on does the sound change

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Valeo are a major oem supplier every thing electrical and electromechanical, from wiper blades to gearboxes

Yes, my mistake. I just thought of the first thing that came to mind that might end up in that area of the car and guessed wrongly. I suppose the question is, has it fallen off or is it a surplus item that was dropped inside the car during the build? Time for a thorough functional test.

With the X being so new, there is hardly any info about, i don't have any parts listing for it yet, unless i pay for access

T before the part number makes it an OEM part made by Valeo

When we had the Fiesta we found something similar in the footwell.  Turned out to be a trim screw but I could never find where one was missing.

Hi again Barb,

Is it possible that this is part of the glovebox mechanism that stops the glovebox cover just dropping down when opened?

Or possibley something that was dropped inside the dashboard when the car was being built and has since fallen out?

Would Parts King have any idea? He's a member on this forum and has an infinite knowledge of car parts.

On 10/23/2022 at 2:17 PM, Barb5734 said:

Thank you everyone, I will try that! Fingers crossed, third time lucky! 

20221020_124716.jpg

20221020_124734.jpg

Had a good look through the parts catalogue and I cannot see a direct match, it looks similar in form to part of a damper from the heater system used on Auto AC to move the air mix & air direction flaps 

image.thumb.png.1595858d2d3557ac95e1df12d885203a.png

It may be part of one of these, which footwell was it found in ?

• Like 1

It's a very similar heater box to the P210 Yaris - looks like a quadrant gear that lives behind one of the damper servo's

another thought is a heater vent gear

• Like 1