Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help with rear wiper

cresad

Hi , I've managed to sort just about everything out bar the rear wiper. When we got the car it had a broken wiper arm on it , so replaced it with one from eBay which is plastic. The problem I'm having is it doesn't clear the top part of the screen. It doesn't matter how much I plastic I take off the arm it doesn't clear the top , Is this usual , or is the original a metal arm that can be adjusted properly , or does anyone have an idea as to sorting it.?

Thanks , Adam

i would say it's the wrong arm and/or the wrong blade

Plastic arm - 85241-28090, Blade - 85242-28060 (400mm, Bosch H409 replacement)

if it's a JDM Estima T/L - metal arm - 85241-44020, Blade - 85242-60050 (380mm)

the metal arm will have a longer reach also it's sprung loaded

16 hours ago, Beduin_ said:

That blade is for an 2008-2015 estima - op has a 2001/2002 previa/estima T/L (2nd gen estima)

3rd gen Estima's are very different cars based on the MC platform 06-16

Thanks for the reply's , Mine's a 2002 'UK' model Previa 2.4 petrol

I might try the metal version ,I know it says for the JDM but I'll have more adjustability I think , fed up with just the bottom half of the screen being the only part clean.

Adam

If it's an UK Previa

Plastic arm - 85241-28090, Blade - 85242-28060 (400mm, Bosch H409 replacement)

aftermarket arms vary greatly in quality as do the blades, can you measure the current blade on the car

is it a case of the blade isnt long enough or the blade doesn't sweep the area

The one that’s on at the moment is a plastic one I got off eBay as there wasn’t one on when I got the car ( it was broken off at the spindle) .

It said it was for the car but on the sweep it just misses the top half on the screen , I’ve tried taken bits off the plastic and tried to adjust it but it’s still misses the top half. That’s why I thought I’d try the metal one.

Adam

If it's an aftermarket item, they sometimes cross-reference a part number that shouldn't be

Do you have a pic of the rear of your car (hide the plate)

Oh I see, the screen is a compound curve, the blade isn't conforming to the glass, its either the blade but more than likely the arm is putting too much pressure on the blade

another thought is the motor/spindle is on the **** not 100% sure if the motor is rubber mounted or the bush is worn

edit. Quick look on eBay the motor is rubber mounted

Not sure about rubber mounted but it feels fairly solid with no excess movement or noises. The only thing I can tell you is that the arm was broken when I got it , mileage is high at 198 thou but don't know about usage of the rear wiper

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links