Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X Dashboard buzz

phillev

Hi all, my Aygo X turned up earlier in the week and overall I'm very happy with the car other than a persistent buzzing/ vibration from the dashboard on the nearside. Definitely seems trim related and just wondered if I'm the only one who has experienced this.

I had a persistent buzz from the nearside front panel area and found it was coming from the interior trim on the A pillar. I put a little piece of cloth offcut into the gap at the top of the trim panel, as an experiment, and the buzz stopped.

May not work for you though!

No rattles or buzzes anywhere else…

Thanks for the reply and just to be sure was it the top of the A pillar or bottom where it meets the screen?

It was the very top of the A pillar plastic trim panel. There is a joint between the A pillar panel and the roof trim. I lightly prised the A pillar panel outwards and put a piece of cloth packing in the gap to move the A pillar panel out very slightly, to see if it helped. It did.

But there are a lot of possible panels that might "buzz", you might have to experiment to find the offending one!  Or take the car to Mr T , but I haven't got the time for that!

Thanks again, I'll give things a gentle prod and see what happens, likewise going back to the dealer is a pain probably only for them to say they can't here it etc.

It maybe a speaker rattling but if you have a tempory fix it ok for you  then have Toyota fix it on the next service.

I would imagine the speaker is screwed in, or do you mean from the grille? Mine doesn't have the JBL tweeters in the A pillar.

Ideally you need another person in the car to assist either driving or prodding.

Although sometimes the noises can’t be heard as well from other seats in the car!

Rattles are a pain, lost days of my life fixing rattles in other people’s cars, all about perspective as one rattle to one person is normal and to another it becomes the elephant in the room. 

• Like 1

The problem often is the sound seems to come from a different place to the source. Recently on a long journey a noise started up appearing to come from the rear near side door or window, it seemed like a rattle but I thought it may be wind noise. A couple of days later I started touching things I could reach. The culprit was my wife’s small metal box of mints with only a couple left in it. Nowhere near the rear door but in the front cup holder in the central console.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links