Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Garden Leaf Blowers

Hybrid21

Just bought a leaf blower yesterday, a two stroke McCulloch blower/vacuum.

First one I've owned, just wondering if anyone of you guys have a blower and any tips 👍

Moved to General Club Discussions.

• Thanks 1

I've only had a strimmer, but the only really important thing to remember is to make sure you always dose the petrol with the correct amount of 2-stroke oil. I found the vibration quite numbing, so you might want to avoid using it for extended periods.

• Thanks 1

Same as red Corolla, have a McCulloch strimmer, not used it for a while though.

Maybe it's still in the shed if it hasn't been nicked.

You do have to watch the vibration to avoid white finger numbing , also it's best to change into 3rd once you reach about 40 mph to avoid over revving.

With these engines being so noisy the best time to use them is around 3am, well it is if your neighbors are in the habit of causing a racket up until 2am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Funny enough I brought a leaf blower and tried it to dry the car. It didn't work for me but perhaps the one I brought wasn't powerful enough. 

Great for the garden,patio,stone borders and all cleared quick of grass cuttings leaves etc Should have purchased one years ago saves a lot of time.

• Like 2

If you blow them away then the wind will just blow them back.

I prefer using a rake and picking them up.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2022 at 9:35 PM, Derek.w said:

If you blow them away then the wind will just blow them back.

I prefer using a rake and picking them up.

I agree Derek, my blower is also a vacuum, so the idea is that you blow the leaves into piles then vacuum them up into the bag 👍

• Like 1

The leaf blower (sucker) will macerate them so they take much less volume than simply picking up.  They compost more quickly too. 

You can also use a petrol mower to macerate them. 

I bought an electric one two years ago to replace a venerable Flymo.  I wish now I had bought a Battery one.  It depends on how many leaves you expect to deal with. 

• Like 2

I was wanting a cordless leaf blower/vacuum Roy as a lot of my other equipment is cordless,  but way too expensive so went for the petrol machine.