Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2023 cross.

Max_Headroom

One for the knowledgeable members this is 2023 have they changed anything?

I think my next car will be a cross unfortunately its unlikely to be new, I like it in black.

• Like 1

The specs will vary from country to country.

4 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

One for the knowledgeable members this is 2023 have they changed anything?

I think my next car will be a cross unfortunately its unlikely to be new, I like it in black.

For the UK:

Dynamic & Premier editions discontinued

Icon gains scuff plates

image.thumb.png.7b1db33025c202e32790e8a524cd3cd3.png

Design gains scuff plates and power lumber on drivers seat

image.thumb.png.c4049248c8ccc317fc84cfca1b3e58b1.png

Excel & GR Sport gain scuff plates Nanoe-X Air purifier. Optional 4wd on Excel

image.thumb.png.2d7b20ece93e651e13fa81bd8455d4bb.pngimage.thumb.png.3ae5d0a9f7ab4823289de3d3a978789f.pngimage.thumb.png.97069c186e961b0b12647b8a1e4d5388.png

All models have black roof rails

image.thumb.png.cb27219ecf1ca5a4b5e57e103166ce06.pngimage.thumb.png.79654719ec52a23adabba73a2035e2b6.pngimage.thumb.png.ca5c9f6a8b6163c20cf3cb01cd320876.png

image.thumb.png.91d5725cf26dd5bbdd290c1c8ab69f8d.pngimage.thumb.png.3162ad75bf0364ac01115c5920d58e80.pngimage.thumb.png.f88a5c2ab5c71ba7080c597c18db35fa.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

For the UK:

Dynamic & Premier editions discontinued

Icon gains scuff plates

image.thumb.png.7b1db33025c202e32790e8a524cd3cd3.png

Design gains scuff plates and power lumber on drivers seat

image.thumb.png.c4049248c8ccc317fc84cfca1b3e58b1.png

Excel & GR Sport gain scuff plates Nanoe-X Air purifier. Optional 4wd on Excel

image.thumb.png.2d7b20ece93e651e13fa81bd8455d4bb.pngimage.thumb.png.3ae5d0a9f7ab4823289de3d3a978789f.pngimage.thumb.png.97069c186e961b0b12647b8a1e4d5388.png

All models have black roof rails

image.thumb.png.cb27219ecf1ca5a4b5e57e103166ce06.pngimage.thumb.png.79654719ec52a23adabba73a2035e2b6.pngimage.thumb.png.ca5c9f6a8b6163c20cf3cb01cd320876.png

image.thumb.png.91d5725cf26dd5bbdd290c1c8ab69f8d.pngimage.thumb.png.3162ad75bf0364ac01115c5920d58e80.pngimage.thumb.png.f88a5c2ab5c71ba7080c597c18db35fa.png

Something is wrong with that list because the GR sport has heated front seats. 

The new orange colour is quite funky, otherwise very minor tweaks.

• Like 1

The design trim doesnt get parking sensors?

In fact there's  a whole host of stuff on the Excel list I'd have expected to be on the Design.

14 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

The design trim doesnt get parking sensors?

In fact there's  a whole host of stuff on the Excel list I'd have expected to be on the Design.

In the 2021 lineup, it was next to bottom of the range of five models.  They’re not going to up spec it by rationalising the range.  

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

In the 2021 lineup, it was next to bottom of the range of five models.  They’re not going to up spec it by rationalising the range.  

The list is wrong… GR sport is not in addition to the Design. It priced higher that the excel and comes with heated seats for a start. 

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Oh, that's a bit rubbish.   The Corolla has icon, design, excel and GR, the GR being a design in a posh frock, but same spec otherwise.  The design has a lot of kit as standard.  

Interesting that they are showing the Icon and Design grey fabric offering against a light headlining rather than the dark one we saw in the showroom. The brighter cabin and the sensors are plus points for Excel even if it means putting up with 18" rims.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Apart from colours there seems no change from MY 21 Excel 

Excuse me!  You’re forgetting the nanoe heater and the sill guards 😉

17 hours ago, raymondolee said:

Something is wrong with that list because the GR sport has heated front seats. 

Devon Aygo works for a Toyota dealer, and the information posted presumably is the info that Toyota GB has sent to dealers.

Two scenarios - 1. there is an error on the lists, or 2. Toyota GB has changed the spec.

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Devon Aygo works for a Toyota dealer, and the information posted presumably is the info that Toyota GB has sent to dealers.

Two scenarios - 1. there is an error on the lists, or 2. Toyota GB has changed the spec.

That’s astonishing Mike 😉

57 minutes ago, Max_Headroom said:

Do any of the cross models not have keyless entry?

and where they do, is it the type of fob that a) goes to sleep and b) changes each time of use so it can't be scanned and replayed?

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

Excuse me!  You’re forgetting the nanoe heater..... 😉

What's that? 

13 minutes ago, Baytree said:

and where they do, is it the type of fob that a) goes to sleep and b) changes each time of use so it can't be scanned and replayed?

No idea. Had my YC 2 months, got about 75% sorted so probably time to get the books out and expand my knowledge. 

30 minutes ago, Baytree said:

Having looked at Devons post again it starts with Icon and that has "Smart entry and push button start" which i assume mean keyless entry, all other models are extras added to the previous so i assume all models have keyless entry, if this is the case i will also be interested to hear if the answer to Baytrees question is yes as if it isn't it may be a deal breaker for me,  i really do not like keyless entry i do not see the point and don't want to start messing with key pouches etc.

Is it possible to disable keyless entry and just use the fob as normal?

I have found this which is great news as you can permanently turn keyless entry off, i don't know if it works on all models with luck someone may know - 

Newer Toyota keyless entry equipped vehicles have motion detection keyless fobs that stop relay theft.

No need to disable keyless entry or use a RFID blocking pouch.

I know C-HR & Corolla both have it fitted now.

Go check with a dealer on a demonstrator before dismissing keyless entry.

Lock the vehicle from outside then place the keyless fob on the ground next to it, wait a minute then try & open the door - if the door remains locked then it's the newer motion detection equipped fob.

Pick the keyless fob back up then try the door again, it should now open.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Go check with a dealer on a demonstrator before dismissing keyless entry.

Lock the vehicle from outside then place the keyless fob on the ground next to it, wait a minute then try & open the door - if the door remains locked then it's the newer motion detection equipped fob.

Pick the keyless fob back up then try the door again, it should now open.

Thanks for the info, if that is the way new Toyota keyless works i would be more than happy to have a car with it.

TBH if i could turn it off manually in settings on an older car i would buy a keyless equipped car.

Older Toyotas - 

A bit long winded but he gets there in the end.

Disabling the keyless also reduces the parasitic draw on the 12v Battery as it switches off the keyless entry radio beacons.

Could be helpful for people with 12v Battery issues!

It's a bit of an annoyance having to essentially push the Start button with the keyfob tho'.

I do wish you could disable keyless entry but leave keyless start on, e.g. the keyless system switches off when the car is locked but switches back on when it's unlocked via the remote or key.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It's a bit of an annoyance having to essentially push the Start button with the keyfob tho'.

That would be ideal if it switched on once the doors were opened with the fob..

I guess it's not too bad for new owners if they have come from a car with a standard ignition key as they are used to putting the key near the steering column.