Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2023 cross.

Max_Headroom

The keyless entry concerns have been discussed previously in this forum. Here is a summary for the Yaris Cross.

• Uses the latest key fob with motion detection. It stops transmitting after being stationary for around a minute (tested this myself).
  • You can place the key fob in power saving which also disables the motion detection (good for saving the Battery in a secondary key fob).
  • After 14 days of not being used, the car reduces parasitic draw by turning off some proximity detectors. At this point smart entry will only work from the driver's door (would be nice if you could reduce this time period).
  • You can completely disable smart entry in the car's settings, but as Cyker said, this does mean you have to hold the key fob by the Start button.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Devon Aygo works for a Toyota dealer, and the information posted presumably is the info that Toyota GB has sent to dealers.

Two scenarios - 1. there is an error on the lists, or 2. Toyota GB has changed the spec.

Not sure if I'd mentioned it elsewhere but that info Toyota sent to their dealers is incorrect.

I went ready equipped to dealer with the build I wanted so was surprised when she mentioned having to add a tech pack option on an Excel. She showed me that same info posted by DEVON Aygo above. You can see for yourselves it's wrong.

For example if you look at an Excel it lists 'Tech Pack' as an optional extra yet adjacent to that under std equipment it lists rear cross traffic altert, blind spot, etc.  The tech pack is not optional, it's std.  Hopefully no Excel customers have been charged for a tech pack !

She contacted Toyota GB to confirm - that info they sent to dealers was wrong. 😲 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RonYarisX said:

Not sure if I'd mentioned it elsewhere but that info Toyota sent to their dealers is incorrect.

I went ready equipped to dealer with the build I wanted so was surprised when she mentioned having to add a tech pack option on an Excel. She showed me that same info posted by DEVON Aygo above. You can see for yourselves it's wrong.

For example if you look at an Excel it lists 'Tech Pack' as an optional extra yet adjacent to that under std equipment it lists rear cross traffic altert, blind spot, etc.  The tech pack is not optional, it's std.  Hopefully no Excel customers have been charged for a tech pack !

She contacted Toyota GB to confirm - that info they sent to dealers was wrong. 😲 

Yes it’s wrong! Wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t true! Like I said the GRsport has heated seats and this is confirmed by Toyota UK 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 2:29 PM, anchorman said:

That’s astonishing Mike 😉

Toyota hasn’t changed the spec the info shared is incorrect. Like I said the GRsport has heated front seats. This is confirmed by Toyota uk 

The Yaris Cross GR Sport has a rich standard equipment specification, including nine-inch Toyota Smart Connect multimedia system with wireless smartphone integration and cloud-based navigation. Other equipment highlights include dual-zone climate control, heated front seats and rear privacy glass

Sounds like a Dynamic with go faster badges.

• Like 1