Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C-HR Mega Road Trip

Chrisg99

Brother Steve and myself have decided (since the loss of my mother) just over three weeks ago that we are going to embark on a mega road trip in my C-HR GR Sport! from Thursday 10th November.

The route we have planned is Day 1 from home to Calais via Euro Tunnel, as we have previously used the Hovercraft and the ferries on many occasions but never the train.

Day 2 Calais to Bourges. Day 3 Bourges to Millau. Day 4 Millau to Monaco. Day 5 Monaco to Lyon. Day 6 Lyon to Riems (champagne). Day 7 Reims to Calais. Day 8 Calais to home.

Total mileage on Goggle 2351 miles. I have only booked accommodation up to Bourges as it could become very fluid onward depending on places we find and extend the journey some what.

It will be interesting to see the MPG for the trip.

Anyone in France that sees Scarlet Flare GR22CHR let us know.

Looking forward to something totally different considering the last 23 days.

• Like 6

Sorry for your loss. 

I absolutely understand the need to get out and about to get out of a depression. Wish you both well and have a very nice road trip. 

• Like 2

Sweeet! I hope you have a good adventure! Take lots of pictures! Preferably silly ones! :biggrin: 

• Like 2

Be good to hear how you got on on your return(or live updates!)

Sorry for your loss.

• Like 3

Enjoy, love France, when in champagne region Google free champagne tasting trips, some of the smaller champagne houses have superb champagne for sensible money (Evelyn Pratt was our favourite, the pink champagne was superb)enjoy, we're not jealous much👍🤣🥂🍾

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Xan said:

Enjoy, love France, when in champagne region Google free champagne tasting trips, some of the smaller champagne houses have superb champagne for sensible money (Evelyn Pratt was our favourite, the pink champagne was superb)enjoy, we're not jealous much👍🤣🥂🍾

I do not need to be in France to look the tours up! Already done and have a comprehensive list of which is open when and on what days! SORTED!

• Like 1

Hi Chris, sorry to hear about your mum. Have a great trip, send some pics please. All the best Roger. 

• Like 2

Roger, certainly will keep all updated with what we get up to.

• Like 3

You've probably looked into this but I have a feeling you may need a "crit air" sticker for you car if you are going to Lyon, several cities in France require one, they are only a few pounds and you apply direct on the French web site for one

• Like 3

We drove to France several times. Longest trip was 4500 miles in 2 weeks.
Get "crit air" here:
https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/
They will send a temp sticker via e-mail.
Make sure to take V5 with you. LED headlights do not need adapters and put UK sign on the back.
Get an app 'fuelFR', it lists fuel prices around you and is updated daily.
Petrol is usually cheapest at the supermarkets.
Stick to the speed limit, up to 100 kmh you get 5 kmh tolerance and 5 % above 100 kmh. Lots of speed cameras and unmarked cars on the road.

image.thumb.png.b1e7c88ed93ca23c7e402f18279038a3.png

On our trip in August 2022, I got 46 mpg calculated in RAV4 MK5 2wd HEV, with 4 people and fully loaded boot.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Xan said:

You've probably looked into this but I have a feeling you may need a "crit air" sticker for you car if you are going to Lyon, several cities in France require one, they are only a few pounds and you apply direct on the French web site for one

Ian/Andy,

Thank you for that already have one but yes you are correct a number of people forget about this. I did not pay through one of the Google adds ripping people off!

• Like 1

Enjoy your time in France.
I would recommend visiting Eguisheim in Alsace on your way from Lyon to Riems. Pretty little village with very good local vine.
If you ever drive to Germany, you can get the air certificate here:
https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.86595.en.php

• Like 1

Thanks Andy, everyone is giving info re vinyards! Good job brother is a non drinker. Have now included him on the insurance for £22 to end of policy Aug 23.

Haha, that is the thing with France being known mainly for wine, cheese and bread/pastry products :laugh: 

You'll be up to your eyeballs in baguettes, croissants and brie if you're not careful!! :laugh: 

When my brother went he found some good computer shops in Paris and bought a load of Wavebird controllers for his Gamecube at about a quarter of what they sold for here, although I must admit that personally I'd avoid Paris like the plague if I was driving - Have heard so many horror stories! Although people tell me it's a rite of passage to get through the Arc de Triomphe alive in a car :laugh: 

• Like 3

Arc de Triomphe has to be done or else you cannot be classed as a driver. I have loads of bubble wrap ansrubberfenders has to be done next Friday! That is before the wine, cheese and pastries.

• Haha 1

I once did arc de triumph with a caravan on the back (by mistake) pre sat Nav days, plenty of horns blowing but everyone just drove round me😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Now in Calais for the night. Good run from home to Eurotunnel, no sight of protesters on the M25 but if you wanted a police car there was a choice of around 10 between Lakeside and the bridge!

The Eurotunnel is now the best way across (27 minutes) having done the ferries and hovercrafts over a number of years. I think the Arc de Triumph has to be done tomorrow. Replanning next week as just remembered that Beaujolais Nouveau 2022 is released 1201am Thursday 17th. PARTY!

Hotels in Bourges and Millau now booked for Friday to Sunday.

Train.jpg

Hotel Calais.jpg

• Like 6

Wooo! :yahoo: 

I will keep an eye out on the news for a red CH-R ploughing through the Arc de Triomphe :laugh: 

Good luck! May you escape unscathed to claim your title of Elite Manly Driver, Survivor of the Arc de Triomphe, Conqueror of Nonsensical Roundabouts! :laugh: 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Cyker said:

Wooo! :yahoo: 

I will keep an eye out on the news for a red CH-R ploughing through the Arc de Triomphe :laugh: 

Good luck! May you escape unscathed to claim your title of Elite Manly Driver, Survivor of the Arc de Triomphe, Conqueror of Nonsensical Roundabouts! :laugh: 

Made it to Bourges bubble wrap and plastic fenders removed. Did a lap of the old Rouon GP circuit official fastest lap for a 

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about your mother. Glad to hear about your trip. The best way to live/love life. Enjoy!

• Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 7:26 PM, Cyker said:
Wooo!  

I will keep an eye out on the news for a red CH-R ploughing through the Arc de Triomphe  

Good luck! May you escape unscathed to claim your title of Elite Manly Driver, Survivor of the Arc de Triomphe, Conqueror of Nonsensical Roundabouts!  

Made it to Bourges bubble wrap and plastic fenders removed. Did a lap of the old Rouon GP circuit official fastest lap for a 2 litre GR Sport.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 6:16 PM, Chrisg99 said:

Made it to Bourges bubble wrap and plastic fenders removed. Did a lap of the old Rouon GP circuit official fastest lap for a 2 litre GR Sport.

On 11/1/2022 at 8:14 PM, Chrisg99 said:

Brother Steve and myself have decided (since the loss of my mother) just over three weeks ago that we are going to embark on a mega road trip in my C-HR GR Sport! from Thursday 10th November.

The route we have planned is Day 1 from home to Calais via Euro Tunnel, as we have previously used the Hovercraft and the ferries on many occasions but never the train.

Day 2 Calais to Bourges. Day 3 Bourges to Millau. Day 4 Millau to Monaco. Day 5 Monaco to Lyon. Day 6 Lyon to Riems (champagne). Day 7 Reims to Calais. Day 8 Calais to home.

Total mileage on Goggle 2351 miles. I have only booked accommodation up to Bourges as it could become very fluid onward depending on places we find and extend the journey some what.

It will be interesting to see the MPG for the trip.

Anyone in France that sees Scarlet Flare GR22CHR let us know.

Looking forward to something totally different considering the last 23 days.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links