Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USB as media source 2022 models

urir10

Just got my new 2022 XSE Highlander. In all my cars i use a usb flash drive to play my music. Every other media source remains set after is start the car, but if u play music via USB and then shut off the car and start it again, the media will be turned off so i have to cycle though my source each time i start the car to get back to playing my usb.

Am i doing something wrong here or is it meant to work like that?

I read this sometime ago when I was looking for info on another issue with a USB.

formatted my flash drive to Fat32 file system and now the infotainment system retains the last song played before the car shutdown.

Hope this helps

Hi, a lot of people have used different memory sticks and it has solved the problem. However some say it's a firmware issue.

Another resolve you can try is to switch to another input source before you turn the car off then switch back on and see if that does the job.

If not I am sure you will get a resolve from another member soon.

Let us know how you get on as this is not an uncommon problem. 

Got it working, tried 3 different drives , on the last one it worked, no idea why, all were same size and formatted the same, just different brands.

12 hours ago, urir10 said:

Got it working, tried 3 different drives , on the last one it worked, no idea why, all were same size and formatted the same, just different brands.

Hi, glad you got it working. Thats technology for you👍