Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smoke and smell and spanner light

Hmc1

Hi me again 😞 so have the spanner light on , and when warm I get and oily smell and blue smoke when moving off sometimes from lights . Local garage call in got me to Rev hard when car hot and loads of smoke from exhaust. Under warrently i bought wirh car so it has to go tomorrow for a diagnosis and then upload to warrenty . I’m so upset any thoughts ? Garage thought maybe turbo . I guess I will find out tomorrow but I’ve not slept this car took every penny I’d saved for 5 years . I realise it’s not.new 2011 . Thanks 

Hopefully the warranty will cover this repair Helen 👍

Keep us updated on diagnosis tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Hybrid21 said:

Hopefully the warranty will cover this repair Helen 👍

Keep us updated on diagnosis tomorrow.   My garage says he can count on one hand how many actually pay out ! 

So far garage can’t find anything obvious. Checked coolng pipes?? For turbo? Nothing 

so even though was supposed to be full service before I got it he’s doing an oil change etc , I don’t know how I would pay a massive garage bill while waiting for warranty pay out

fingers crossed , it smells so much as soon as warm I think it’s gonna catch fire 

What codes does it have, it could be any number of things - blue smoke is usually oil burning what can either the turbo or the rings are shot, but im sure the garage has done a compression test and/or a cylinder leak down test

Thanks I’ve no idea what they are doing round there lol .

code ? 

Ok so they can’t change oil without breaking the filter housing it’s on so tight so waiting g now for a part …

• 3 months later...

Hi! Sorry nothing much to report ! They cha he’s the filter and oil and filter housing , reset spanner light thing ( maintenance?) it still randomly stays in for days and then goes off for a few so I guess I ignore that ! Less blue smoke it’s just occasionally now I notice it pulling away much less 

the smell is much less too but sometimes it is accompanied by steaming of side windows randomly ( but this happens a lot with no smell for some reason lol) so I’m ignoring it all at the moment as garage can’t find anything obvious. It’s a strange car with lots of little niggles ( things that annoy me lol ) thanks for asking I’m sure I will be back ! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links