Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris Hybrid 2015 Abs, Handbrake, Anti-spin lights on

Neigeo21

Hi guys i have a issue with my Toyota Yaris hybrid model 2015 automatic. The warning lamps is still on Abs Anti-spin and Handbrake.  We check everything with my mechanic brake pads, brake rotors and calipers is everything ok so i don’t know what actually happened 

3 minutes ago, Neigeo21 said:

Hi guys i have a issue with my Toyota Yaris hybrid model 2015 automatic. The warning lamps is still on Abs Anti-spin and Handbrake.  We check everything with my mechanic brake pads, brake rotors and calipers is everything ok so i don’t know what actually happened 

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Moved to the Yaris forum

On 11/7/2022 at 8:44 PM, Neigeo21 said:

Did you change any brake components or brake fluid? 
As been mentioned you need to run a diagnostic first and see the codes. Could be anything including speed sensor fault and not related to the brakes.  

Some cars set ABS and Traction control lights as those systems can be disabled whilst an indirectly related fault exists. As Tony mentioned, wheel speed sensors acting up can be a common cause, those two systems absolutely need accurate speed readings from all wheels to work properly.

• Like 1

These exactly the same lights came on when I had faulty speed sensor on one of the rear wheels and the car lost its regenerative braking and stopping power, only front wheels were slowing down the car and there was no ev drive available at all except when stopped at traffic lights but even so the engine was constantly running most of the time because hybrid Battery was low too as a result of no regenerative braking.