Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Auris Hybrid Estate rear washer pipe path

mushrooom

Rear washer not working so pulled the tailgate  washer jet off and nothing, not even a dribble out of the pipe.

Pulled the right angled connector off on the body and the same, nothing

Traced it down to the Battery in the boot and disconnected that pipe, still nothing

Then the pipe disappears out of the rear wing into the bumper

Anyone have any idea after that ? 

On 11/8/2022 at 11:23 AM, mushrooom said:

Anyone have any idea after that ? 

Both washer motors are attached to the washer reservoir, which is directly underneath the filling spout, inside the wheel arch.

Can the motor be heard to operate when the control is operated?  If not, then check for a blown fuse.  If that's ok, then best go to the motor itself, which is accessible after the drivers side front wheel arch liner has been partially removed.

If the motor is operating, then it would be useful to see that water is being pumped out of the motor when the washer pipe is detached at the motor itself. 

On a previous Corolla, the rear washer pipe was clipped to the driver's side door sill all the way to the back of the car, and was quite visible when the sill trim was removed - I would expect the Auris to be exactly the same.

If the owners manual has instructions on how to replace the front fog lamp bulb, then those instructions will probably show (inadvertantly) how to access the pump area, which is next to the fog light.

I'm hoping my memory on this is correct;  this was from quite a few years ago...

• Like 3

Thanks Gerg, I can hear the motor buzzing away when I do the rear washer, I think I'll be pulling the carpet and covers off over the weekend

47 minutes ago, mushrooom said:

I can hear the motor buzzing away when I do the rear washer

In the few times I have ever had anything similar happen to me (never in an Auris), it has been caused by some weird bacteriological growth in the washer bottle, descending to the washer pump inlet and getting pushed through to the jets on the bonnet, or blocking the inlet pipe from the tank. A lack of washer fluid additive might have be the culprit for me.

In an MX5, I was deliberately not putting screen wash additive in, as with the roof down some of this additive fluid would end up on your face.  The sizeable black blob that eventually grew months later, surely on account of no additive to keep in check, was like something from science fiction - amazing!

With care, a bicycle hand pump, when fitted with the tapered attachment to inflate a lilo or beach ball (orange plastic thingy?), might fit into the pipes or fittings to help you to push the liquid flow into reverse to temporarily unblock it, or assist in clearing a pipe out - or proving a section isn't blocked!

• Like 1

I had a similar thing on an Astra, there was a build up of a sort of jelly in the tank blocking the outlet. It's worth blowing through from the pump end before ripping the car apart 

• Like 2