Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MY22 Infotainment - USB issues - tracks not playing in correct order?

Tech429

As the title suggests.

I have searched but not found a proper clear answer to the issue of USB files even if using 01, 02 before the title track on the file AND also numbering the files via the #indexing, the damned unit will not play the tracks in order - only goes by alphabetical order.

BUT...

A couple of my album folders DO play in numerical order as it should.  Strange...

I've even checked on my laptop and they are all the same (IE: all numbered before the track title and # number indexed etc.) but where one or two album files play in correct order the others do not.  As in my attached images - both Beast In Black albums... From Hell With Love plays in correct order but Dark Connection does not (Battle Hymn plays first then Bella Donna second, etc. - playing in alphabetical) - and they are all indexed and filed the same way.

a damned nuisance to be sure.

So does anyone know of a quick solution or answer to ensure that all my mp3 files in each album folder play in correct numerical track order as per the album?

Cheers...

FHWL is.png

DC isnt.png

Hi David

You don't have "shuffle on for some albums (if that's even possible?)

Apart from that I had a problem when I was making my Raspi music player. I had to check more "Details" to display than just the Name ---> Title shown above in your image. If any of the other properties were wrong then I had music playing out of order, the wrong album art showing, and even refusing to play at all, so it could be something like that. It took me a few days to figure out what was wrong & I still don't know why it didn't work correctly, you'd think it'd just use album & track number. 

You could try checking "Album Artists" "Album ID" "Album" "Contributing artists" and perhaps more. See my screenshot below from my Car memory stick. This is using Windows 11 so if you use Apple it may display differently. Not sure if this is your problem but until I sorted it it wouldn't work on my Pi correctly & that's what I copied to the memory stick for the car and it works fine.

Good luck

Car Songs info.png

The Track data, e.g. 1 of 15 is contained within the MP3 tag this overrides the file name

MP3tag work well if you don't like the build in way iTunes and the like, does it

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

6 hours ago, Jiff said:

Hi David

You don't have "shuffle on for some albums (if that's even possible?)

Apart from that I had a problem when I was making my Raspi Music player. I had to check more "Details" to display than just the Name ---> Title shown above in your image. If any of the other properties were wrong then I had music playing out of order, the wrong album art showing, and even refusing to play at all, so it could be something like that. It took me a few days to figure out what was wrong & I still don't know why it didn't work correctly, you'd think it'd just use album & track number. 

You could try checking "Album Artists" "Album ID" "Album" "Contributing artists" and perhaps more. See my screenshot below from my Car memory stick. This is using Windows 11 so if you use apple it may display differently. Not sure if this is your problem but until I sorted it it wouldn't work on my Pi correctly & that's what I copied to the memory stick for the car and it works fine.

Good luck

Car Songs info.png

I am on Windows 10.

No I do not have shuffle on as it happens on each folder.

I have checked all the files and they are all in sync - numbered correctly.

It is just strange one folder plays correctly but the other doesn't.  It really should not do this if all are filed correctly.

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

The Track data, e.g. 1 of 15 is contained within the MP3 tag this overrides the file name

MP3tag work well if you don't like the build in way iTunes and the like, does it

I'll look into this... but why is it wrong on one folder but correct on the other?

It is strange as hell.

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

That's the program I used, I remember now. The order is set not how you expect. 

Thanks for the memory Flash22, I remember the frustration till I figured it out 😱

• Like 1

12 hours ago, flash22 said:

Used this before as the Peugeot 308 T9 I had before did exactly the same playing songs out of order.

It's a much complained about quirk across most vehicle manufacturers infotainment systems with USB playback order.

• Like 1

As Flash22 recommends, I use MP3Tag.

This then re-writes the Tag data in the correct order.

It is possible that the albums that play wrongly have the tag data wrong for your liking.

• Like 1

There are so many variables to take into account like was it ripped, downloaded or plucked from the ether, has it the format been changed/converted, loss less formats like FLAC can have issues with data tags

also, not every album/CD is on Gracenote, especially if it's from a bootleg a CD, I have an album that has 5-6 Gracenote listings

I used to be into my audio with Tb's of files, I have since thinned it out to just under 30gb

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I think I've found the problem. The player seems to sort songs alphanumerically by id3  frame TIT2, completely overlooking TRCK. This is a softward bug Toyota or whoever wrote the USB player code should fix! Hope they follow up this forum.

I rewrote TIT2 in an album prepending the track number to the song title of each mp3 file, and voila! the player did it in the correct track order.

I gave up on the USB player a long time ago. These days I run Rocket Player on my phone and use BT to stream to the car.

On 11/3/2023 at 12:33 AM, Danton Nunes said:

Hope they follow up this forum

They don't.